Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

toon flower model with sliders

I've been working on a toon flower model for the trees with leaves project. I discovered something interesting. You can control hair guides with a pose slider. The model is set up for toon render, but I think I'll be able to set an image for the petals for normal renders. I'll be adding sliders for color, size of petals and for flower growth. Let me know what you think.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an update with new sliders. Still need to add leaves to stem and underside of flower. I need to talk with Bill Gaylord about the growth slider for the flower. I'd like to know how he got it to grow along a path.

Nice work. It's experiments like this that can lead can lead to some really innovative art. I certainly appreciate work like this which pushes the bounds.

If you haven't seen it you should check out Stephen Bruce's aloe vera plant animation for some inspiration!

Aloe Vera

I think what you are doing will lead to more efficient ways to do a whole flower bed. Thanks for the help so far in developing the use of "hair" for leaves, too.

Keep up the good work!

Bill Gaylord