Hash, Inc. Forums

my Lame Walk

I agree. All of your showdown entries are top notch. I think his is one of the best. I watched it about 15 times. I think what really stands out is the head attenna movement. I think this is the kind of detail that really makes your animations top notch. To be able to put that much focus on the details in such a short time is outstanding. I am very glad to see that you aften win these competitions.

Keep it up.

Wade

Yeah, really nice. I clicked through about four or five of them and enjoyed them all. Must be great practice so when the real work needs to be done you can just take it in stride.

So to speak.

Gerry

Wonderful work!

I looked at your other work too.

I especially liked "getdown30" and "poleclimber."

The first was especially interesting because I have never seen that motion before.

Did you see a circus performer do that, or does it come from your imagination?

DanRJ

• Hash Fellow

Thanks, all, for the positive feedback! :)

must be dificult working in such a short time frame.

Actually four hours is a good time frame for me, I have a hard time staying focused after that. But the thing that is killing me on these is getting the overlapping motions to look right.

what really stands out is the head attenna movement.
Shamed confession: it's really a dynamic constraint simulation. But it's free animation and I'll take it! It does help glide through the awkward pauses. Many thanks to the Hash programmer who devised that doodad!

Must be great practice so when the real work needs to be done...
If there were any real work ;) ... I'm think it's just going to be a hobby. But i would encourage anyone interested in character animation to do the animation showdown at digitalrendering.com. They're really the same sort of exercises you'd get in an animation class and much of the same feedback, usually blistering.

I especially liked "getdown30"... Did you see a circus performer do that, or does it come from your imagination?
I imagined it, then practiced it on a milk crate to test out where everything would have to be flung for it to work. (That one took an extra three hours to completely animate the boxes falling and bouncing on the ground.) One of the criticisms on the Showdown forum was that it looked too much like a circus performer. :D