Hash, Inc. Forums

No-one...

no-one1.jpg

QT - Sorenson3 - 3.6mb - 46 seconds

This is the final version of the "War of the Worlds" clip I've been working one. It's finished, though there are a few transitions and holds that I'd still like to sweeten up so I suppose it's really FFN (fine for now).:huh:

A big thanks to everyone that's followed, inspired and advised on the WIP thread. I've written a tutorial on Proxy models off of the back of it, so it's been a worth while experience.

Thank you all!

Your positive comments really mean alot to me guys. Seems like those late nights and drowsy days have paid off.

My question is, what do you use to get that voice?

It's from a 1970's concept album based on "The War of The Worlds". It was an LP that was hanging around at home when I was a kid. I used to play it in the dark and scare myself senseless. The voice is the late great Richard Burton (though I do get the feeling that he's recording his bit between heavy drinking sessions!).

Now are you going to do the rest of this 2-album set? (ducks and runs for cover)

LOL - Well... now that you mention it... I am considering a section towards the end. It'll need a bit of pruning and maybe even some advanced editing but....er... I'll keep ya posted. ;)

Wow! That's just awesome! There are a few niggling bits that could still be fixed, mainly in the lip sync, but overall this is a stellar job. Some really inspiring bits of performance in there. Woohooo! :D

Now are you going to do the rest of this 2-album set? (ducks and runs for cover)

LOL - Well... now that you mention it... I am considering a section towards the end. It'll need a bit of pruning and maybe even some advanced editing but....er... I'll keep ya posted. ;)

Would that be the one song that has the refrain "The chances of anything coming from mars is a 1000 to one?" (or something like that, it's been years since I listened to it --way back in the daze of vinyl). The possibilities for this song is kinda good, imho.

BTW, is this album on CD? Alla sudden I want to listen to it and the first 2 albums by the Allan Parsons Project (the Raven and I Robot, iirc) -- Orginally I bought all three at the same time and they are linked in my mind. Suddenly the thought of doing a video for "Mr. Tarr and Professor Tether" (I think that's the title :unsure: ) sounds really fun...

mike r.

OK THAT WAS AWESOME.

Great work, nice subtleties.

I particularly liked, a couple times when he would say a word with the sound of "p" and you slightly jutted his chin forward. Very nice touch.

Gonna put that on AMFILMS?

:o I think I better go back to bed already. What's the point? The day has already peaked! :):D:)

Thank you all so much!

The walk took a while to get right, and I wish the texture of background made the camera move look clearer. Maybe something to fix if I can face opening the project again.

And as for A:M films.... as soon as the submission form is up, I'm there.

And as for A:M films.... as soon as the submission form is up, I'm there.

Just send me the description and I'll post it for you. But, the submission page for A:M Films will be up soon, it's pretty close.

Thanks again guys :D -

I've actually spent a little more time on the lip sync - I did say that it was 'fine for now' after all!

Ken - Just as soon as this last render is done I'll send you the info.

Marciel - I first tried modelling this character in another package back in 2000. He's been around a while and has been through a lot of changes. He was orignally intended to be a "monster in the night" but I've become so fond of him that he has developed a more neurotic and sympathetic character. When doing the Coffee clip, I noticed a strange resemblance to the actor Alan Arkin and since then he's taken on a more versatile character! However, the next piece I'm going to do with him will take advantage of his scary looks...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Parlo!

It's a great stuff,and I too like your lip sync animation! :D

I ask you that please help me in lip sync topic!

I have a big problem with my lip sync animation.

I'm working a project and I need to animate a dialogue,what I made it,but my problem with it,that my models's mouth is moved very fast and much!!!

What's the problem with my animation?

Can you help me and please show me how can I do this?

How could you make your lip sync?( I'm interesting in animation in particular!) :blink:

Thanks before and I'm waiting your answer! :unsure:

Sharky ;)

Sharky,

Check out http://www.keithlango.com/ - Tutorials - Principles for LipSync Animation Article

The basic idea is to simplify the sounds... don't shape the mouth for every sound... concentrate on the vowels.

I actually don't like the sync in this piece anymore. I think I over did it. It's a very difficult thing to get right. If you make the rest of the face and body carry the emotions and story, the lip sync is easier.

Hope that this helps. These concepts are hard to describe.

:)

Hi Parlo!

First, I thank your answer!

Your solution is helpfully for me,but I don't know how can I do this! :blink:

Maybe I understand it better, if you show some capture screen about how you make these things! :unsure:

Ps.: Do you use other application or only A:M dopesheet? <_<

I'm waiting your answer!

Thanks before, Sharky ;)

• 2 weeks later...