Hash, Inc. Forums

Looking for an old Hash training DVD from 2005

Korgeman

I remember a training DVD for Hash Animation Master way back in 2005 that was taught by a female instructor. The DVD mostly focused on theory of what makes animation believable. It was a very comprehensive resource but I can't recall what the title of the DVD was. I believe it was featured on the Hash site back then as well.

Can anyone refresh my memory? Thanks.

• Hash Fellow

Hi Korge,

You may be thinking of "Animate! with Cristin McKee" which was produced by Anzovin studios rather than Hash.

Last I heard, she has officially withdrawn it and intends it to be not available. However, you might find a second-hand copy on ebay or likewise.

I never saw it but I do recall an animation demonstration by her at Siggraph that made me realize, "Ah... this doesn't have to take forever!"

Yes that's the one!

It's a real shame that her training is no longer available. It was such a good series on character animation and delved into a lot of topics like posture and even acting. I never found a better training series than hers on the fundamentals of character animation. Sadly those DVDs have been lost to time as I discovered when I decided I wanted to get back into the swing of things 15 years later.

Hopefully someone who still has them can help me out.

Thanks.