Hash, Inc. Forums

No response after license purchase [solved-ish]

strato

I have gotten no email response from Customer Support after I purchased a license in February. Any hints?

Also, I can't seem to get the sound to work, it says no sound object loaded in the Options page, but it does show the waveform etc.

Thanks, Rolf 

Hi Robert

Thanks for the quick response. I do have indeed a serial number, which was helpful to find, but how do I activate the software? Opening it just produces an error and a request to contact support. 

Thanks, Rolf

• robcat2075 changed the title to No response after license purchase [solved-ish]

My sound issues I believe were related to a sound card on a specific computer running windows 10 and 7. On my laptop, also 10 and 7, the sound works. I tried your project and the sounds reads but the scrubbing is sticky and unusable in V19. I than went to my old XP64 computer with V13 and everything works with fast scrubbing. I also tried rendering your project with multi pass and toon render but that still doesn't work in V19. I  moved back to V13 on XP64, since it has no refresh issues and everything works really well. 

• Hash Fellow
36 minutes ago, strato said:

I tried your project and the sounds reads but the scrubbing is sticky and unusable in V19.

That is interesting and different from what I got.

What I found was that I could play the sounds individually from the Sounds folder. I also could "Play" the chor and they would both be heard.

But if I scrubbed in the chor, only the portions of the two WAVs that overlapped each other in the timeline would be heard. One WAV won't play, but two that overlap will.

The odd thing is that this behavior happens now even in old versions of A:M like v15, where I don't recall this ever being a problem. I think something has changed about Windows to cause the existing sound code to not work.

• Hash Fellow

@strato

New weird data point...

I was going to make a screencam video to demonstrate this problem for Steffen... but the problem was gone!  :dontknow:

I could scrub and hear the audio even if there weren't two overlapping WAVS.

So, I closed the screencam app (HyperCam6) ... then the problem returned. :facepalm:

Something about running the other app is changing something about Windows audio for A:M.

For now, my work-around is to include a silent WAV in my Chor. That causes the intended WAV to be audible while scrubbing.

Silence30s.zip

I don't have a computer running WinXP to test versions before v15 but I am unsurprised that the earlier OS doesn't have this problem.