Hash, Inc. Forums

Is CGTalk dead?

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

I logged into CGTalk for the first time in 10+ years and it seems to be inactive other than spam posts and replies to topics like..

With plywood laid atop a light wood frame, the flush door may be a completely smooth entrance. The development and exterior sides of these fundamental interiors and doors are plain facings. There are several brands in the marketplace that advertise that they provide high-quality flush doors when it comes to choosing a sturdy center door. Whatever the case, Advancelam stands out from the competition for its superior quality. We take great pride in producing a variety of flush doors that function well in terms of security and look fantastic. if you plan to buy the best quality flush door for your home online, I suggest you do it at Zanderply. Many individuals purchase plywood, doors, and boards from Zanderply and are all happy with the product’s quality.

I remember when CGTalk was the like the center of cg talk. Everyone who was anyone and all the wannabes they attracted were there.

Huh.

You are talking about https://forums.cgsociety.org, right?
Not sure... there is a spam post up in the news section for instance from 6 days ago, but the one from 9 days ago seems valid.
Maybe they are just on vacaction for the time between new years and 6th of January?

But not sure about it... haven't been around for a long time there since they closed down the A:M Forum.

Best regards
*Fuchur*

CGtalk was one of the first place to go woke. And the CG awards were given to people that towed that line. They were also one of the first to offer badges for paid membership and the first to give checker marks for the Hollywood types. You couldn't post anything without someone being offended and it eventually died because of it. Once mainstream social media matured, people found no use for it anymore.  

At least the people there are asking the same thing from time to time...
I do not find a shop on the page itself or linked in the navigation. Is there one?

It is important to know, that cgtalk.com (or some of the other domains from earlier) is no longer valid (since 2020 or something in that direction).
You need to go to "https://cgsociety.org/".

Anyway: It seems to be very less frequently posted then in "the good old days", yes.

Best regards
*Fuchur*