Hash, Inc. Forums

Modeling a Snowman ​☃️​

I loved it how you just got the wick, copied it and create a flame from it... very satisfying ;).
And very interesting that you are using the HSL sliders instead of RGB for colors, attaching the lamp and the broom with bones to the hand and after that getting the hand right, and especially how fast you got Radiosity to work like you wanted it to was pretty much amazing.

Very well done, nice workflow and a very nice result :).

Best regards and thanks a lot for sharing.
*Fuchur*

10 hours ago, Fuchur said:

I loved it how you just got the wick, copied it and create a flame from it... very satisfying ;).
And very interesting that you are using the HSL sliders instead of RGB for colors, attaching the lamp and the broom with bones to the hand and after that getting the hand right, and especially how fast you got Radiosity to work like you wanted it to was pretty much amazing.

Very well done, nice workflow and a very nice result :).

Best regards and thanks a lot for sharing.
*Fuchur*

Thank you Fuchur appreciate your comments! 
I didn't show it in the video but when I was assigning colours I was sampling from my concept art off screen
was nice to make colour tweaks using HSL.

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome, I just saw the block heads animation - you captured the stop motion look perfectly ! Its pretty ground breaking to get the stop motion look since 3D animation is way too smooth, could you share how you achieved this with AM ? 

3 hours ago, a.quaihoi said:

Awesome, I just saw the block heads animation - you captured the stop motion look perfectly ! Its pretty ground breaking to get the stop motion look since 3D animation is way too smooth, could you share how you achieved this with AM ? 

Thanks for checking out my Blockheads anim!  :)
Achieving the stop motion look is done by using the hold keyframe interpolation.
By going to Tools/Options and changing the default Keyframe Interpolation to Hold instead of it's usual Spline you get a more pose to pose look.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

28 minutes ago, Michael Brennan said:

Thanks for checking out my Blockheads anim!  :)
Achieving the stop motion look is done by using the hold keyframe interpolation.
By going to Tools/Options and changing the default Keyframe Interpolation to Hold instead of it's usual Spline you get a more pose to pose look.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ahhh awesome, I thought it would be something similar, Dylan Perry asked the question too, we are always looking for more hands when we get jobs, if you're interested in paid jobs I'll let Dylan know and he can contact you,  you're really talented man, youtube channel is a great showcase of your work.

39 minutes ago, a.quaihoi said:

Ahhh awesome, I thought it would be something similar, Dylan Perry asked the question too, we are always looking for more hands when we get jobs, if you're interested in paid jobs I'll let Dylan know and he can contact you,  you're really talented man, youtube channel is a great showcase of your work.

Thank you Aldrich,
Appreciate it, if I had more time I'd take you up on your offer.   :)

On 1/31/2023 at 1:30 PM, Michael Brennan said:

Thank you Aldrich,
Appreciate it, if I had more time I'd take you up on your offer.   :)

Cool man, I agree about the time issue, if there was more time for AM life would be better 😁 Keep up the great work

• Like 1