Hash, Inc. Forums

Just wanted to make a character applaud

svetlik

Thought I could just make an action with the character applauding and add it to him during a chor but no. Even tho the ONLY things moving in the action I made is his arms when I add it to him in the chor. he gets all "whacked out" - jumps to a different position and every joint in his body is twisted horribly.

Also, how do you copy a figure's pose at a given frame? Have tried Copy Keyframe/Paste Keyframe  - no effect!!!!

Shouldn't this be a simple thing to do??  Any help appreciated.

• Hash Fellow

Sounds like a Blending mode problem, but hard to know without seeing it.

Live Answer Time is coming up!

Generically, to get all keyframes, you can set the Key Model filter and also set the transformation filters you need to capture, usually Skeletal Translations and Skeletal Rotations. Skeletal Scaling is rarely needed.

If any Pose sliders are crucial to the moment you'll need Key Pose, too.

Copy. Paste.

Without seeing your case it's hard to say more.

Live Answer Time is coming up!

• exciting 1

Yep. made sure all those were turned on. Would try to copy keyframe and paste it to same model at different frame-no effect. Don't know what I'm doing wrong. Also tried all 3 blending modes to no effect.

I'll try to re-create the problem in a simple chor to post but never can get those to repeat the problem but if I do I'll post it.

Thanks for all the responses guys.

• Like 1

Ok I think I figgered it out. The model was being constrained to a chair with a translate to and orient like constraint for a brief time and I think that's what messed up the applaud action when trying to load it.

But still haven't figured out why I can't Copy/Paste keyframes.