Hash, Inc. Forums

Update to Windows 10

svetlik

• Hash Fellow

I suggest you make an image of your Windows 7 OS drive in case you need to go back. And, of course, you've backed up all your data.

Is this an in-place update... Windows does the update and keeps all your old programs installed?

Maybe you won't need your A:M license rewritten, but i don't know.

The interface of Windows 10 sucks in my opinion. You can't customize the 3D objects, which defines the look of Animation Master, so everything is white, the tracks in

the Project Workspace are hard to see, single windows have a curved blue border, it's like back to MAC OS 9. There is no performance advantage. I use V12,13 and 19 on W7.

• Hash Fellow
1 hour ago, strato said:

The interface of Windows 10 sucks in my opinion. You can't customize the 3D objects, which defines the look of Animation Master, so everything is white, the tracks in

the Project Workspace are hard to see, single windows have a curved blue border, it's like back to MAC OS 9. There is no performance advantage. I use V12,13 and 19 on W7.

Something is wrong. I'm on Windows 10 and I am able set the color of animation channels in Tools>Customize>Appearance...

image.png

And my windows don't have a curved border. The blue is a windows setting that can be changed in Windows Settings.

Hi Robert, what happens when you hit alt v to have 2 views of an action and a model for example. I know the custom appearance option in Hash but what bothers me is

the actual interface which was  part of the windows customization and  is not available in 10. I just find black writing on medium grey more comfortable, plus all my

other software, C4D, Premiere, Vegas, ACID, Fusion 3, 3dPaint etc , all have the same look and keep space for the Task Manager. In 10 the interface has to be provided

by the program, and many follow fashion more than function with white writing on a dark backgrounds. But of course it's all personal, Vegas took a worse hit than Hash.

Can only show Window 7 captures, don't have 10 on this Laptop.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

He is talking about the Windows 10 Style, not anything in A:M. I think it is pretty picky, but if you want to get rid of the "modern" style, try going to "Settings > Info > Extended System settings (on the right in the list), go to "Extended" > "Visual Effects" and turn off "Peek" and whatever you want to be off.

That should make it much closer to the old look you are used to.

I am however pretty sure you will acustom pretty fast to Win10s look, because it just is the better system, even so you are very likely going to have a learning curve with it.

Best regards
*Fuchur*

PS: 8 GB of RAM is pretty low amount for C4d, Premiere, Vegas or A:M nowadays... just saying.

Hi Gerald, it's true, I am very picky. The coloring  I am talking about is the 'Windows 3D Objects' which are in 'Window color and Appearance' in Windows 7, and it will affect or unify all the surrounding elements in your softwares as you can see in the screen grabs of Vegas and Hash. This option has disappeared to my chagrin, but I did wanted to point out the difference to Svetlik in case he cares. BTW I actually have 16GB, just had taken almost all sticks out for another laptop and thought that was all that was left. 

Yeah, I know what you are talking about. But if you like grey and less 3d stuff etc. do what I describe above. You gain performance and you get a very "old scool" look. It will not give you an option to directly change the colors to grey but grey is the base color you will get with that. (if you would like green, it would be a problem, but grey is easier)

Best regards
*Fuchur*

Ok tried this out and found out, that it isn't working really as expected.

This might be a way to do it – it says it works for Windows 10 and 8:
https://www.howtogeek.com/133405/how-to-get-classic-style-themes-back-on-windows-8/

So I am not sure if it does.
You can still change the interface color / accent colors and set it to affect the borders etc too, but it does not seem to get recognized in A:M itself.
I just did a low priority request on A:M Reports about it. If it is easy to solve, it might get solved in a future release, but since this really is just a small nice to have, it might take a while.

Best regards
*Fuchur*