Hash, Inc. Forums

Idiot's Lament

svetlik

Been using AM for more than just a few yrs. and still having trouble understanding action blending. Does the blending function mean how it blends with previous or next actions?

I understand the transition to next action when you have a gap from one to another but doesn't have anything to do with the blending directly, right?

Been trying to match the end of a saved action with a chor. action (just one lousy arm) and thought that just entering the rotation numbers from the position in the chor. into the last keyframe of the saved action would work but just whacked everything out. Been trying to duplicate the problem in a smaller chor. file but can't even get that to work.

Hope this jibberish is making sense to someone. Is anyone gonna be at the Live answer time tomorrow?

• Hash Fellow

Blending is intended to describe how two or more simultaneous Actions get combined but... it may be that during a transition Blend is a factor also.

I have almost never used Action transitions so I'm not sure.

This would be a thing to bring to Live Answer Time!