Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

3D Space Mouse functionality [solved]

MAYAman

Hello everyone, back after a long illness and very happy to be working in AM again.  I got a beautiful SpaceMouse Pro wireless and it works incredibly in Maya and Blender.  I see that AM19 has a check box for the Space Mouse which is AWESOME!!!  But it's so sensitive that if I move it a micron the model fly off into infinity.  Way way way more sensitive than other 3D programs.  How do I tone down the sensitivity of the Space Mouse in AM?  Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2022 at 7:14 PM, robcat2075 said:

Is there a Space Mouse control panel? Like my Optimouse mouse has to program its extra buttons?

Here's a list of Space Mouse threads...
https://forums.hash.com/search/?q="Space Mouse"&quick=1&updated_after=any&sortby=relevancy

Yes, there is a control panel and I've turned down all the settings for sensitivity.  The issue seems to be AM as it does not respond to sensitivity changes in the SpaceMouse commander software.

• Hash Fellow

The space mouse compatibility goes back quite a way. Try some previous versions (v18, v17, etc) and see if you get the same results.

Copy your master0.lic file from your v19 folder to your vXX version folder to enable it.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/7/2022 at 5:22 PM, Fuchur said:

I have used my 3d Space Mouse before but it was always just fun to use but not extremly helpful ;).
I'll give it another try on the weekend maybe.

Best regards
*Fuchur*

I got it!  I had the sensitivity in the 3Dconnextion app cracked up.  Oh man, this is so good now.  Thankjs

• 2 weeks later...
  • Hash Fellow
On 12/19/2022 at 4:24 PM, MAYAman said:

I got it!  I had the sensitivity in the 3Dconnextion app cracked up.  Oh man, this is so good now.  Thankjs

Hurray!

If you could post a picture of the relevant control panel, and explain what you did different (since you had looked at it before) that would be useful for future generations.

• Like 1

• robcat2075 changed the title to 3D Space Mouse functionality [solved]
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/30/2022 at 1:27 PM, robcat2075 said:

Hurray!

If you could post a picture of the relevant control panel, and explain what you did different (since you had looked at it before) that would be useful for future generations.

For those with space mice it's easy.  Open the 3D connection control panel while AM is open.  You'll notice that the control panel now says Animation Master.  Now you can choose by checking the small boxes next to push, pull, rotate, etc how you'd like the view window to behave and how the object will move.  Goof around with settings that feel good.  You'll then notice a slider for each setting.  These are usually pretty high but AM seems to be super sensitive to the Space Mouse.  So I cranked them down and presto, everything now moves very nicely.  IMO the Space Mouse is an invaluable tool in AM and Sketchup.