Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Icon delay

Madfox

Not sure if this is the right toppic but it is a rat her strange archivement. 

SInce I use AMV17 on my new computer, and changing to 64 bit, I receive a strange delay in the icon. As soon as I click one I see a fast change between "explain icon (txt)", "show icon (symbol)", and finally "use icon (execute)".

It is a minimal marge, but it surely slows down the workaround of the program.

On winxp or win7 I had no trouble with it, but now on win10 it feels like beating that icon thing to work. 

What could be happening here?

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

I'm sure what you are describing... but when I run v17 on Windows 10 it seems to operate normally for me.

Perhaps try switching OpenGL<>OpenGL3 inteh Options window

Or try Help>Reset Settings

That won't help much as I can't change the behaviour of the gl filter.

I don't know if it is vissible in the mp4, but it is a kind of delay as if it receives more impulses than a normal icon needs.

I am not sure what it is. It looks like a win10 problem what gl driver is in used, or not excistent. I made a avi file of a AM mdl file of a starscape, imported it in AM again.  It shows no image. As soon as I try to us it as a decal the program crashes.

videocard.jpg

error06042022.jpg

eror06042022.jpg

• Hash Fellow

OpenGL<> OpenGL3 is on the Global Tab.

In your video, I see a very brief flicker on a few of the buttons, but it doesn't seem to be slowing you down.

Is it causing a problem?

I always use the keyboard shortcuts for those buttons.

The brieve flickering is because of the mp4. In the program it is rather anoying as it needs two clicks.

I can't seem to track it down. It is in both versions AM16 and AM17. Like beating a hammer on an icon.

Of course the keyboard is usefull, but I find it a bit uncommen it are just that four icons that freak.

• 5 months later...

Well, sorry again for asking. But I still have the feeling the icon delay doesn't seem to stop.

While I'm working half of the time the "touched" icon doesn't reply and I end up without respnd.

Maybe I am working too fast, but it is a rather anoying phenomena.

It is as if the icon replies with another sign of the icon, that wants to explain what the icon does, and then jumps over it.

Is there an oppertunity to get rid of this behaviour, or do I miss something?

It only happens on the glass, hand and turn icon.

• 1 month later...

It is a new computer.

Not sure what is the cause. I am a kind of impatient person. On winxp it just glides to on as soon as I reach the icon.

On won11 I have to "beat" twice before it reacts. Every time that question mark before it works.