Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Anyone Using AM w/Windows 11?

svetlik

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Only issues I have on win11 is a dll incompatibility, which is as far as I can see a video card issue. AM doesn't like my Nvidea card.

I tried a project file with a rather lot of models like a plane model with four sprite emitters, two starscapes ( model of a lot of pointed stars in a sphere) and a background.

It took about 20minutes to render one frame. I wanted to render 30 seconds, so I decided to use another aproach as this would take too much time.

I made an avi file of the background with the two starscapes and made another choreography of the airplane with four sprite emitters, using the avi file as background.

Now the rendering took much shorter time, but my avi file didn't go further than the first frame.

I have had this problem earlier. Although I import the avi in the image file and it is seen as movie file, the choreography just loads the first frame and then freezes.

I have no idea what causes this effect. 

• Hash Fellow
1 hour ago, Madfox said:

Although I import the avi in the image file and it is seen as movie file, the choreography just loads the first frame and then freezes.

What codec is the AVI in?

Since you are importing this movie into A:M, making it an image sequence instead of an AVI would be far better.

I just use avi file, full frames uncompressed.

An image sequence would do, but I'm a little concerned 30 sec comes to 900 frames. Not that bad, but why does it work on Win7 and not on Win11.

It looks like a compatibility problem with win11 with some kind of dll. That novilty problem.