Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Force not working??

Tom

Hello all-

I was playing around with what I thought was a simple test. I had a red piece of cloth being sucked up into a vortex. Everything worked as predicted (see attached movie).

I then introduced a simple flat object into the scene using the Simple_Scatter tool and wondered if those objects would also be sucked up into the vortex..

Well, nothing happened and no simulation took place. Hmmm.. wondering if I did not check or uncheck some box in the process...

Any thoughts would be welcome.

Tom

ClothForceTest.prj

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried that and nothing happened but when I made the "Simple_Scatter" objects as cloth, I was able to get them to react to the force.

So,the big question is,  can a regular object be made to react to a Force? or must that object be turned into a cloth material, or into a dynamic object using the bullet system?

The red cloth was simulating correctly from the beginning but the flat object that was loaded using Simple_Scatter stopped any simulations. When I made that object a cloth, those new planes then moved.

The basic question is, do "forces" effect everything , or only things like ,Sprites,Streaks,and Cloth?  If you created an ordinary cube, a fan would not effect it?

• Hash Fellow

By default, object aren't affected by forces. They need to have some dynamic characteristic, like Simcloth or a Bullet constraint, added to them.

You can add Bullet to multiple objects at once with RMB>Chor>Plugins>Wizards>Add Bullet constraints to multiple models.

But I'm curious as to why the cloth doesn't work for you as it does for me.

The big red cloth worked from the beginning but the other objects (added with Simple_Scatter) did not react to the force because of the rule you just described. I will try making all the necessary objects with bullet constraints...