Hash, Inc. Forums

Exploring EXR

Rodney

• Admin

Robert and I were discussing the EXR format and I wanted to share the project file based on Jim Talbot's Leopard Queen image.

The project was demo'd at SIGGRAPH 2005 by Greg Rostami.

I must assume it is called Boris becuse of the artist Boris Vallejo whose style is captured in the image.

Still haven't found the video of the demo yet but perhaps it isn't far away... maybe even on one of the Hash Inc SIGGRAPH cds.

Update:  I may have found the composite video.   It is in .swf format so am attempting to convert to MP4.

The CompDemoProject file attached only includes the EXR file.

Will also upload the the Project file (which should also be on the A:M Extra CD and DVD. 

CompDemoProject.zip

• 2 weeks later...
  • Admin

Robert,

Immediately after deparing the hangout I noticed the swf files for the composite Tech Talk were created in Camtasia.

As i still have Camtasia I felt confident I should be able to open and convert the presentation and... done.

Wish I had thought of that last week!

As other demos of Animation:Master are likely created with Camtasia this should make quick work of any conversions needed but I especially want to get more info out on ExR capabilities.

The Tech Talk uses the Norlock project file and not the Leopard Queen but similar content is covered.

Kudos to Eric Webster for the Norlock project which is on the A:M Extras CD.

Thanks also to Noel Pickering for the Tech Talk.

I'll double check on artifacts appearing in the MP4.  Not sure how that snuck through.

• Like 1