Hash, Inc. Forums

Changing to from BIOS/MBR to UEFI/GPT "breaks" registration? Maybe?

WolfsongCG

Hi all,

Interesting quandry to ask about.

I recently did a fresh reinstall of my system, but switched from BIOS to UEFI, and from MBR to GPT for the hard drives.

When I entered my registration info, and key for A:M, it wouldn't let me register. It just kept refreshing the product key window.

Might this be related to the changes I made? If so, I guess I need to request a new key?

Thanks

Oh you know what? That's true. I forgot I'd also swapped my stuff into another case. Did that a couple weeks ago and it slipped my memory. Same motherboard model/brand, but a different physical board. That's probably the issue, then.

Cool I'll give that a go.

Thanks!

I guess at some point browsers stopped supporting direct ftp connections. Brave, Firefox and even Edge want to open an external application to open ftp://ftp.hash.com/pub/misc/rlmhostid.zip. Looked it up and confirmed that they don't support ftp links anymore

So, I downloaded a FTP client, and when I try to connect it asks for a login and password.

Is there a set login for the FTP?

Or maybe someone can set up a HTTP link to the file?

• Hash Fellow
55 minutes ago, WolfsongCG said:

I guess at some point browsers stopped supporting direct ftp connections. Brave, Firefox and even Edge want to open an external application to open ftp://ftp.hash.com/pub/misc/rlmhostid.zip. Looked it up and confirmed that they don't support ftp links anymore

So, I downloaded a FTP client, and when I try to connect it asks for a login and password.

Is there a set login for the FTP?

Maybe we should ask @Jason Simonds what the standard login and password are to download off the Hash  ftp site?

On 12/5/2021 at 11:08 PM, robcat2075 said:

Maybe we should ask @Jason Simonds what the standard login and password are to download off the Hash  ftp site?

Set the FTP program to "anonymous login / connection". (or something equal... not sure what the right translation would be)
In Filezilla it is done like this:

1.) Click on the button below "File" menu.
2.) Put in hash.com at "Server" on the right side.
3.) Put in "Anonymous".
4.) Click on "Connect".

Or the other way:
1.) Put in hash.com to server at the top of the software.
2.) Leave Username and Password empty.
3.) Click on "Connect".

Best regards
*Fuchur*

ftp_account_hash_2.JPG

ftp_account_hash.JPG

ftp_account_hash_3.JPG

• Thanks 1

So it doesn't even need a login, then. Go figure lol.

First time I'll have been able to log into a FTP server without using login credentials.

Okay, got the ID and sent it off. So, hopefully I can get up and running again soon. Gots stuffs I wants to do!

Thanks!

How long should I wait to hear back from Jason before I follow up?

I first emailed him early Tuesday morning about the FTP issue, and then followed up later that day with the Host ID once I saw Fuchur's post on how to get into the FTP. I provided the Order ID and Date for verification as well.

Haven't heard anything back yet. Have checked the spam folder, etc.

Going on day 4 since I first emailed Jason, and still no reply. Not even a confirmation that it was received. Meanwhile, I'm about 2 months into a sub for software I can't use because someone, apparently, isn't checking their email.

This isn't how you do customer product support.