Snap to surface picks wrong side?

robcat2075

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There have been attempts by Steffen to solve that I think, but in the end: If you can, hide the other side of the surface. If it is a prop, move the point after you have put it in. In most cases it jumps to the right one. It might have to do with normals, but I am not sure about it.

Best regards
*Fuchur*

• Hash Fellow

When I test with a simple Prop it works as I would expect. I can draw a new spline and it is created on the front surface. I can slide points I have made on the surface and they remain on the front surface.

But if my target surface is a regular MDL only the first creation works. if I touch them after that, they either go to a far surface or some place that is not either surface.

That happens in both the modeler and in Model Mode in the Chor.

• Hash Fellow

Here's a clue...

If I add another surface (the large cylinder) outside the surface I want to target (the vase shape), the CPs I select and move (the 4 point ring) will go to the intended surface and properly slide on it when i move them.

It is as if it always ignores the first surface it encounters and goes to the second surface.

snap Test002.prj

image.png