Hash, Inc. Forums

BitMapPlus material test

RS3D2

I was looking for a sweater material and I came across the kci:dnd BitMapPlus plugin in the material change type to menu.

I have some video and other materials to show but I do not know how to post them.  Is there somewhere I can get instructions?

What is it saying if you try to attach your video here?
In general you should be able to upload it as an attachment here. If There is a problem with the file type, you might want to zip it and upload that.

It will not be directly viewable here, but we can at least download it and have a look at it.

Best regards
*Fuchur*

• Hash Fellow

The easiest way to post a video here is to upload it to Youtube and post the YouTube link here.

That wlll make it ready for streaming to any device and and the viewer doesn't need to download it first.

I do not see any button that allows me to attach a jpg or video to the post.  Is it one of the buttons on the top line of the text entry box?  It seems to me that on previous posts I have made there was a button for that purpose, but it has been a while since I did it.

• Hash Fellow
4 hours ago, RS3D2 said:

I do not see any button that allows me to attach a jpg or video to the post.  Is it one of the buttons on the top line of the text entry box?  It seems to me that on previous posts I have made there was a button for that purpose, but it has been a while since I did it.

Normally it says "drag files here..." at the bottom...

image.png

However, I strongly suggest  you upload your video to YouTube and post the YouTube line.

Everyone can see it easily then, but almost no one will download a file if they have to do that to see something.

It really is the better way to do it. If you don't have a YouTube account, make one!

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2021 at 10:36 PM, robcat2075 said:

Normally it says "drag files here..." at the bottom...

image.png

However, I strongly suggest  you upload your video to YouTube and post the YouTube line.

Everyone can see it easily then, but almost no one will download a file if they have to do that to see something.

It really is the better way to do it. If you don't have a YouTube account, make one!

Except of cause you are givin a lot of data and usage rights to YouTube aka Google aka Alpha. Hosting it on the Hash server is a lot less problematic.
I can understand if you do not want to create an account. Then you just should upload it as an attachment here if you are concerned about that.

Best regards
*Fuchur*