Hash, Inc. Forums

V12.0n

Guest totallyprofessional

I purchased the V12.0n disk back in '06 and used it frequently. when trying to install the program on my laptop the program does not launch from the disk. troubleshooting says its not compatible. I have run the setup and installer run multiple compatibility modes and run as admin per the recommendations of the troubleshooter but no luck. any steps forward or am i locked out here?

• Hash Fellow

Windows 7 has removed the code that made that disk-key copy protection scheme work.

A possible work around is in this post that begins "Work-around explained". I haven't tried it lately and haven't tried in on Windows10

just read through the topic and it seems like windows 10 is completely incompatible. it appears I would need to get an old computer or a new version of AM. 

• Hash Fellow

The core concept was in this article which purports to have a fix including for Windows 10

https://www.howtogeek.com/230773/how-to-play-pc-games-that-require-safedisc-or-securom-drm-on-windows-10-8.1-8-7-and-vista/

But I haven't tried it myself.

You can upgrade to a current A:M subscription! Your old files should still work and A:M is much faster these days.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Totallyprofessional

I have retrieved my old laptop running windows 7 and am attempting to load the software. I have installed it but the program wont launch. 

• Hash Fellow
43 minutes ago, Guest Totallyprofessional said:

I have retrieved my old laptop running windows 7 and am attempting to load the software. I have installed it but the program wont launch. 

And you have done the work-around mentioned above?

And you'll probably need to use a Windows compatibility setting since v12 was released before there even was a Windows 7

• *A:M User*

You may want to consider running Windows XP or Windows 2000 in a Virtualbox VM and then run your older version of AM on that.    That may let you get around the problem if money is tight. 

• 3 weeks later...

Another approach I use for V12 on Windows 7 is to burn an  Image with WinCDEmu, a free program. It will mount the image automatically as a disc. You will still need to disable the security feature as described in the articles above.

• 3 weeks later...

I’m really disheartened. :( I have a v13 cd (the “yeti” version) that I just tried to install—unsuccessfully. I have been really frustrated trying to learn blender, because A:M made everything so easy…it really spoiled me to all other 3D packages  

But I can’t justify the expense of a new a:m license right now.