Hash, Inc. Forums

Indian Thom

Madfox

After several attempts to use bvh files on AM I seem to get the root of the error I experienced. I always used a model with a rig on them, but then got blocked by the fact that the account of bones in the bvh file does not correspond to the ones Animation Master uses. So to get rid of this error of attaching bones to the bvh, I just got the idea to use a boneless model, make the set up with an imported bvh file, and then attach the bones in the model window viewing in the action window if they confirm to the ones in the bvh file.

As soon this is done in a global scale, it becomes matter to attach a IKbone to the corresponding hip bone. Then make all the other bones "Translate to" and "Orient like". Then I shaped the action model a bit, so it came close to the bvh file, made a choreochraphy, and saw Thom dancing like an indian. Although the leg bones are a bit wanky, they come close to the original bvh file.

Then I thought, let me try to save the choreography action as an action, then load it apart in another projectfile to detach the bvh file in order to make additions to the indian.act. But this resolved in a thom action without use, as after the bvh file was deleted all action was freezed. Wait, maybe I had first had to detach all translate and orient statements. I will try again.

Fun to see the result, I don't know if I can model it the same way in the space of time.

:) 

https://youtu.be/b2JBT-PyeU0

Indian_thom_bvh.zip

• Like 1