Hash, Inc. Forums

Wonky Pose controlling Gradient

svetlik

Thanks to all the help from robcat and others with my "thread" reveal pose I set it up and it works fine in the pose window, and the threads flow as wanted but as soon as I put it into the choreography - ZIP! NOTHING! No effect and the pose slider is wigging out-displaying numbers that aren't the same as the timeline. See attached PRJ and JPG file screenshot.

Any help greatly appreciated. Why would it work in the pose windows and not the chor??????

PoseProblem.jpg

ThreadsTest01.prj

• Hash Fellow

I think it is the default setting for the Pose in the model

In the properties in the original Model, set RevealCord06 to either 0% or RMB>"Not Set"

Since you are making setting for that in the Chor, you don't want it to have a default greater than 0% in the Model.

SPOKE TOO SOON!!!  Soon as I close the project and reopen it the Pose snaps back to 100% - and I can't get rid of it. Back to square one. I've tried deleting the model from the chor and resetting the settings in the pose slider settings but it keeps snapping back to 100.

I don't know what else to try.

• Hash Fellow

There are keyframes for "RevealCord06" in the "FinalPosition" Pose.

There is a way to avoid that but for now...

• Set the two User Props to RMB>Not Set
  • Delete the "RevealCord06" channel under FinalPosition Relationship

then resave your PRJ.

image.png

• Hash Fellow

When you need to have a Pose at a certain setting while working on a second Pose, Turn OFF the "Define Relationship" button while you set the first Pose, then turn it back on before you resume work on the second Pose.

Turning that button OFF allows you to change settings without those changes getting keyframed into the current relationship. Forgetting to turn it back ON to do the real work is a frequent... D'OH!

image.png

(It's a pair of handcuffs)

So that Define Relationships links all the poses shown so when you move one - they ALL move?  (which is mostly bad that I can see) and I had noticed that a while ago when making multiople pose sliders. But when "off" you can adjust each one independantly and not affect the others, right?

• Hash Fellow
25 minutes ago, svetlik said:

So that Define Relationships links all the poses shown so when you move one - they ALL move?  (which is mostly bad that I can see) and I had noticed that a while ago when making multiople pose sliders. But when "off" you can adjust each one independantly and not affect the others, right?

Sort of.

Normally, any change or keyframe you make while working on a  Pose gets incorporated into that Pose, even a setting to another Pose.

Normally, when you make a change you want that change to get noticed.

But sometimes, you want that change to get ignored. "Define Relationship" OFF is for that.

The case in your PRJ is a classic example of the need to be able set a previously made Pose without that getting burned into another Pose. It's a very elite need and it is notable that A:M accommodates it.

Understood. One more question that I've searched the manual for - What is the meaning of a Pose slider being red or pink?

Sorry for the dumb question and thanks for all your help robcat. Writing to Hash support or anyone else will get a response in a few days or not at all.

Really appreciate all your help.

• Hash Fellow
30 minutes ago, svetlik said:

What is the meaning of a Pose slider being red or pink?

Red indicates the Pose slider you are working on in a window NOW. You can freely  move that to see the effects of your Pose. Moving it or leaving it set to a certain value doesn't create any permanent record. If you want a default setting for the Pose, set it in the User Properties.

Pink flags other Sliders that have had settings altered while this current Red Pose was being edited. If you move the Red slider you will see the Pink sliders move also. If you have inadvertently created a key frame on a Pose slider while editing another, the easiest way to get rid of it is to go to the PWS folder for your current Relationship and delete the channel named for that other, unwanted Pose.

One more question that I've searched the manual for

I did a search on "red" :Dand found the relevant passage on p. 74 of the TechRef.

It is in the paragraph that begins...

"For those familiar with previous versions of the software, the frame number,
in a pose or smartskin window, no longer represents the value of the
controlling property. Since the controlling property can be a multi-valued
quantity like a rotation..."

Writing to Hash support or anyone else will get a response in a few days or not at all.

Hash has limited support  resources these days. Come to the forum and someone can usually answer a question.

My apologies if I've offended. I'm grateful that you Hash fellows are still working so hard to help us. Been using AM since 1992 but only in the last few yrs. been using it every day so thanks for all the help from you Hash Ninjas.