Hash, Inc. Forums

moving object

createo

• Hash Fellow
46 minutes ago, createo said:

Hello,
When I move an object :
1 - can I move from an object marker to a world marker?

I'm not sure what you mean.

2 - Can we constrain the movement of an object on a specific axis ( x,y,z ) ?

Yes. In most environments the 1, 2 and 3 keys (not the ones on the number pad) will constrain motion to x, y or z. They can be used in combinationn to move on a plane.

If you have the World Space button (the Earth icon on your toolbar) ON those motions will be in world space. If it is OFF the motion will be in Object space.

31 minutes ago, createo said:

3 - Do we have to validate "radiosity" in the choreography to get reflections?

this makes the calculation time much longer!!!?!?

I've never had to do that. Do you have "Radiosity" ON in the Chor Properties? Turn if OFF.

To get reflections you should only need to have a reflective surface and "Reflections" ON in the Render settings.

1.) See attachment. There is a button for that. (be aware, that it is only available in chors or at least is the only thing where it will make a difference if I am not wrong)
2.) Press 1, 2 or 3 and move the object around. Each stands for one axis.
3.) Real radiosity? That is extremly time consuming but you do not need that for reflections. Radiosity will create very convincing lightening if used correctly, but it really takes a lot of rendertime. For a small overview about rendering have a look here: https://www.patchwork3d.de/rendering-45-en

I think you are talking about Raytracing, which is something A:M does most of the time anyway ;). Just activate Reflections in the rendering dialog (at least to level 2), put in reflectivity in a group or surface settings or material settings and give it something to be reflected.

translate_global.JPG

• Like 1