Hash, Inc. Forums

Old disc version [need help activating new sub]

AsphaltMaker

I found my disc copy of am I bought back in early 2000s, it has disc  and book with code to activate.. The problem is my newest computer i built doesn't have a disc drive any longer.. idk it the disc today would be able to run in a new disc drive.. is there a way to download the program and still use the old activation code in the book.. I know it was supposed to be a bound to one computer only.. Just curious.. Thanks

• Hash Fellow

Hi Charles!

Although you can download old installers to use with your activation colde, they will still require the CD. The old CD versions required that the CD be in a drive to start.  For a while Hash offered a dongle (serial port?) that bypassed the need for a CD but those dongles are long gone. I don't know if a USB CD drive would work or not.

Also, Windows 7 and Windows 10 have disabled the OS code that made the CD key scheme work. There is a work around for that but I don't know if it works for everyone.

My honest suggestion is to get the download subscription, $79 for one year. You get to use A:M on your modern computer, your old assets should still work, and you can have fun with A:M again.

• Hash Fellow
22 minutes ago, AsphaltMaker said:

I bought and downloaded the software, I can't get it to work.. I keep trying to open and this is what I receive " RLM ERROR-40.please email support @hash.com to activate via email.. 

I presume the computer you are installing on has an internet connection if it is not the one you are on right now.

And I presume you have in hand the actual activation code Hash sent you.

If both of those are true, then you may have to email Hash as it says. Sometime the online automatic process doesn't work and they will need to manually send you a license file.

19 minutes ago, robcat2075 said:

I presume the computer you are installing on has an internet connection if it is not the one you are on right now.

And I presume you have in hand the actual activation code Hash sent you.

If both of those are true, then you may have to email Hash as it says. Sometime the online automatic process doesn't work and they will need to manually send you a license file.

• Hash Fellow

But the program  installer did run and seemed to at least complete the installation, right?

Just to try... Do an uninstall, make sure there is nothing left in the Hash folder, then run the installer again.

That probably won't change anything, but it's easy to try.

• robcat2075 changed the title to Old disc version [need help activating new sub]

Till Jason comes back to you, you might want to check this:

- in the progam folder if there is a master0.lic file?
- did you try to run A:M as Administrator just in case Windows is blocking something?
- do you have a firewall or virus scanner running which could block communication to the Hash servers?

Best regards
*Fuchur*