Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Realtime render and normals ?

createo

Hello,

I continue to explore AM with the tutorial on youtube: https://youtu.be/1CFLb0w4X4A

I have some questions :

1. - Realtime rendering looks weird !? Do you know what this is due to ?  Did I make a bad handling or a bad adjustment?
  2. - Some of my model's normals are in the wrong direction. How do I unify the normals?

Thank you in advance and have a nice day teo

AV cube.jpg

normals visage.jpg

rendu interactif01.jpg

rendu interactif02.jpg

• Like 1

Hi,

here is a video how you can flip normals. (sorry for the bad audio... will have to investigate where that is coming from but it should be understandable anyway)

The rendering issue there can be cause by several things like Diffuse Falloff, Shaders, Realtime settings, toon renderer, etc.
I would just try to reset the settings for that first and see if it still is there. Then it might be a problem, but I thing it is just a a setting set by accident.

reset_settings.JPG

• Like 1

Thank you for your answers !

It is therefore necessary to select the facets manually.

With my blender habits, I thought that a function took care of standardizing the norms on its own ...

For the real-time rendering, the reset has reset all the settings and it works!

I continued :-)

As mentioned in the video starting at 3:18, there is "refind normals" which would be the less "manual" approach.

A:M does try it on the fly but it will not work all the time. I am not sure what will determine which way around the patch will face in general. I think for instance it can have to do with the order of selecting CPs for instance for the 5 point patch, but that is just a guess... I am not sure about that.

Best regards
*Fuchur*