Hash, Inc. Forums

That's it !!

olivier

Hello, That's it !!

I finally bought AM 2021, for 1 year.

If in a year I am still going, I will buy the CD version! I thought about it a lot because my main problem is the rendering speed which is not in current standards.
As soon as several "complex" parameters are used, the calculation times become disproportionate :-(
It is still possible to render with another software like Blender but I don't want to switch from one software to another as needed!
When I will test the export plugin to blender ;-)

I am amazed that the extrusion extrudes all the points, even those "inside" the object !? Is there a specific procedure to have only the "outer points" extruded?

I have lots of questions coming up because I want to understand the philosophy of using AM!

It is very interesting compared to 3D "factories" that are 3DS MAX or blender.
On the other hand there are some functions that are missing when you are used to polygonal 3D.
If my teaching work leaves me the time, I think of frequenting the forum and creating videos (tutorials) to assimilate the functioning and promote AM in France.

Besides ... are there any French users who frequent this forum ??

I will be delighted to meet you!

see you soon

Best regards

• Hash Fellow

Welcome to A:M!

I can answer this one right away...

I am amazed that the extrusion extrudes all the points, even those "inside" the object !? Is there a specific procedure to have only the "outer points" extruded?

Extrude will work on whatever CPS are selected. Typically, you are extruding CPs that are all on one spline loop, but if you have unintentionally selected interior CPS, you can exclude them from the selection by, choosing Lasso mode (SHIFT G), holding down the ALT key, and drawing a lasso around them.

There is a two-word phrase for success in making good A:M models... spline continuity. Easy to do, tricky to explain. Check out the post on Spline Continuity in my tutorials link in my signature for a brief explanation.

Congrats Olivier!

Enjoy using and learning A:M it's a fun 3d app.

I have used other 3d applications for projects over the years (and still do)
Maya, 3dsMax, Houdini, XSI, Lightwave, Modo, Blender, Zbrush, but still find A:M very intuitive and satisfying to use. 
it still does some things easier then those other apps.. especially for animation.

On 1/30/2021 at 1:24 PM, olivier said:

Check "Remove internal patches". You should get used to the way A:M extrudes and be aware of it, but sometimes if you miss it, it can be a good helper.

=> With nothing selected in the modeling window right-click and select "Remove internal patches". (see the attached video)
After that the internal patches should be selected and you can drag them out or delete them.

Best regards
*Fuchur*

• Like 1