Hash, Inc. Forums

Rocky and Bulwinkle [modeler wanted]

fae_alba

Well it is good to be back. Been way way too long, but work has had me flat out since July and will continue to do so thru the end of the year. I hadn't done anything with Papa Bear, contests (who won the Prehistoric one anyways?) or 3d printing.

Now, I have a request. I have a good friend who really is into Rocky and Bullwinkle, and has requested a 3d print of the two of them. I don't have nearly enough time to model them, print and finish them before the final years holiday, so I'm wondering if anyone has a model or two kicking around?

If not, does anyone have the bandwidth to do some modeling for me? I am willing to pay for the work, nothing is free in this world, so that's no worry. But the model should be 3d printable, and if at all possible minimally rigged just soo I can pose it for printing.

If anyone has an existing model let me know. If you think you model a good one pm me and we will see if we can come to an agreement on price.

Edited by robcat2075

as far as A:M is concerned I haven't been able to work on anything. As far as work, I have been on a project building a health information exchange application in amazon cloud for a client company in the mid-west. It's been an all-out effort since mid-july with a go-live of next week. 120 hours a week, 7 days a week, no time off for good behavior. I'm ready for a break!

1 minute ago, fae_alba said:

as far as A:M is concerned I haven't been able to work on anything. As far as work, I have been on a project building a health information exchange application in amazon cloud for a client company in the mid-west. It's been an all-out effort since mid-july with a go-live of next week. 120 hours a week, 7 days a week, no time off for good behavior. I'm ready for a break!

Geez 120 hour week!!!
here I thought working over the weekend was bad...

Wish you a good launch and rest Paul

• robcat2075 changed the title to Rocky and Bulwinkle [modeler wanted]
27 minutes ago, robcat2075 said:

Geez 120 hour week!!!

I thought having to mow the lawn in November was bad.

There should be no shortage A:M modelers who can make Rocky and Bullwinkle.

I'm totally exhausted, but have at least another month of this B.S. Sad thing is the company I work for is getting bought out by a silicon valley company. No idea what the next few months will look like. And, to add insult to injury, anything I work over 40 hours doesn't come to me, it get zero. And, I have lost all of my vacation time for the second year running. Sort of makes me wonder why I bother.

as the saying goes, can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen. This is the life of a consultant, it does have its perks, and the pay is better than if I was simply working in a cubicle somewhere. Which does give some extra cash for , you know, someone making a rocky and bullwinkle model (hint hint)!

• *A:M User*

I could try taking a stab at it but I don't know if I'd be able to do a detailed enough model to stand up to close scrutiny.   How large of a print are you planning on doing?  Bullwinkle seems like he'd be easy but Rocky has that darn flight helmet thing he wears. 

Shot in the dark after some houres of puzling. No idea what I am doing, as I am more famliar with Fred Flintstone. The model should be more rounder, I shaped its head as far I could  and put it up to Thom. No intention for what ever, just the atraction.., like Pink Panther.

rocky01.jpg

rocky00.jpg

pinky0.jpg

• clap 1

What are the common specks for objects to reach the range for 3d printing?  I just made some a arangments for the head to fit on Rocky's purpose. No idea how to obtain the fitting of the spline closure. I could change pink panther in something like Buckwinkel.

Just wondered how close these models have to be to give a reliable stl format. 

First off, Roger has already risen to the challenge of getting these to me, but I'm happy to give pointers on modeling to 3D printing in general. The first thing to know is that A:M's measurements are off by a factor of 100% when it comes to slicers. Not a big deal since you don't loose too much detail when scaling up. The biggest pit fall is patches facing in not out. That creates gaps in the model. Also, if your model is meant to be hollow, then you have to model in inner and outer wall and make sure all splines are closed off. I've run into weird prints with 5 point patches as well. You don't see any issue in A:M but once sliced and printed it can me pretty noticable.