Hash, Inc. Forums

rigging question

Madfox

I made a model, and attached a Cape to it. When I made it I wanted it to drag around the model. As I'm not so familiar with the Flag and Pole, I used just a part of double vertices to use as Cape.

I divided all the sides with a lead_bone to use a necklace and the lower (divide bones) part called leadbone, and a first bone to change the secondary part,  to be able to lengthend the falling parts. My first model attempts were based on this setting.

Later I thought it would be good to use the Dynamic Attachment to the lower part of the Cape. I used only the lowest bone for dynamic Attachment and add an inforcement of 15%.

Before I did this I changed all the secondary bones into attached bones.

My model looks more realistic now, only the Cape falls through the model.

How can I change this behaviour of the Cape, so it holds the model into a deflector mode?

I tried to add a deflector to the model itself, but the poses keep the same error.

cape01.jpg

I could do so, but then the model export to the game engine would be destroyed. I could also do this after the squads are convered to triangles. Earlier attempts with squads returned a deluded result. 

I found a workaround for it by moving the Cape forewards, but it needs lot of adjustments.

http://home.kpn.nl/lo2kf8/quake/models/chainblues.gif

chainblues.gif

My first impression was that the Cape would  be well imployed around the model. So l used un connected bones and dragged them around the model.

Then I attached a dynamical attachment to the lowest bone. To make it reach the whole bone I attached the bones. But then the Cape fell over him so I had to make his back smaller. If I reorient some bones the model starts looking good.

If I use sim_cloth on a model with the cloth.mat and deflector.mat in materials,  the cloth.mat always keeps a distance to the deflector.mat.

Not as the flag example, but I think the small pole stick is easier to fall on than a multi shape model.

• Hash Fellow
1 hour ago, Madfox said:

If I use sim_cloth on a model with the cloth.mat and deflector.mat in materials,  the cloth.mat always keeps a distance to the deflector.mat.

Is that bad?

You can set the cloth distance very low.

0.5cm can work

It's not bad, but for getting the arms come through right it akes some precaution. When I attached a cloth it always keeps a distance of 5cm.

I have seen some examples of the cloth, like "Diana goes to the poole"" and it were not the easiest way for understanding.

I"ve got my model ready now, it's a bit chunky!

compent.gif

• 2 weeks later...

That's a fine way to learn the organ playing, Michael :) . I'm practising a bit, but this goes still a bit faster I can manage. 

Decided to use the Newton Fysics explode on the organ, so the ogre can smash it with its axe. :D.

harmexp.gif

• Like 1