Hash, Inc. Forums

Gene Thompson has died

largento

• Hash Fellow

Very sad news.

Long time Forum-member Gene Thompson AKA TheSpleen was in troublesome health for about as long as we have known him.

I had a chance to talk with him on  the phone several years ago after one of his hospitalizations. He enjoyed using A:M and loved that it gave him a chance to do things he had long wanted to do.

His animations were always amusing and his productivity was always inspiring.

The best advice I've ever seen on this forum was Gene's, "The most important thing is to get started."

One of Gene's many music videos...

Gene's channel with a lot of work on it

Well that sucks. I don't recall having too many interactions with Gene personally, but I  remember seeing him around and know he was always supportive of the community. It's always sad to lose one of 'our own'. My condolences to his family and to all the forum members that knew him better than I did.

Rest in peace, Gene. 

• Admin

Gene was a force to be contended with.  He'd take on an animation task and plus it up 20 fold.

Never to shy away from doing the hard stuff he would just dive in and do it.

I've been missing Gene's presence for a long time but now that feels a bit too official.

• *A:M User*

I talked many times with Gene.  He was always willing to try something new.  When I would think something was too hard, Gene would find a way to get it done.  I am very sad to hear of his passing.  I know he is free from the constraints his body had on him.  Rest in peace Gene.