Hash, Inc. Forums

Decals

Goss

Ok, so I posted about something like this before. It seems that I can't apply decals to ANY model. Whenever I try to, the program crashes. Contrast that with the fact that the models that already have decals applied still show up in real time. I've included an example. The one on the left has the decals, the one on the right doesn't. Both were created using the exact same version of the program, but at different times and on different machines. The decals on the left model are TGA files. I have no way of saving to that format anymore. Suggestions?

enterprises.jpg

42 minutes ago, robcat2075 said:

What version are you using?

and... are your graphics drivers current?

Just to try... no promises... but it's easy to try... so just try it... in Options>Global switch your OpenGL choice.

It was set on OpenGL3, I changed it back to Open GL. I'm using an AMD Radeon RX580. Will that make a difference? I'm using version 19

• Hash Fellow

The decals on the left model are TGA files.

What format are you using instead?

I'm using version 19

What version of 19?

Have you updated your graphics drivers?

Also to try... Help>Reset all settings.

This will reset all your custom keyboard shortcuts and window placements and Options choices so its a bit of a last resort.

On 8/18/2020 at 9:19 AM, robcat2075 said:

What format are you using instead?

I've been trying jpeg, highest compression and lowest resolution.

What version of 19?

19.0f SSe4

I can't update them. Everytime I try to update my graphics software I get a damn Visual C++ language error, Which is why I am not using Photoshop.

Also to try... Help>Reset all settings.

This will reset all your custom keyboard shortcuts and window placements and Options choices so its a bit of a last resort.

• Hash Fellow

I think your problem is more basic. You shouldn't need 3D Paint to apply decals and I'm sure it would not solve the immediate problem.

One more time... what happens when you do Help>Reset all settings?

3 hours ago, robcat2075 said:

I think your problem is more basic. You shouldn't need 3D Paint to apply decals and I'm sure it would not solve the immediate problem.

One more time... what happens when you do Help>Reset all settings?

It still crashes :(

I can't update them. Everytime I try to update my graphics software I get a damn Visual C++ language error, Which is why I am not using Photoshop.

That does not sound good... did you try to remove it and put it freshly on?
Which vendor do you have there? Is it Nvidia, AMD or just Intel?

There are differen removing tools to fully get rid of AMD or Nvidia drivers and should be used in some situations.
(especially if you replace a Nvidia or AMD card with a card from the oposite one, but sometimes it is a good idea anyway)

It might be just a problem with your Direct3d/DirectX installation, but that is often resolved by such things too.
You did install the additional libraries you do not have currently when installing A:M v19, right? Those are only optional in case you already have installed them but they are needed to run the program.

Best regards
*Fuchur*

• Hash Fellow

Something is wrong besides A:M since the rest of us are able to place decals OK.

I'll also note the 3D Paint doesn't have a "font" tool so that will not be a solution.

If you can come to Live Answer Time today I'd be curious to watch what happens .

The graphics card driver issue sounds significant. If that is stopping you from running Photoshop, that is enough reason to fix it.