Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

I've got a secret... (wait for it)...

Rodney

• Admin

For no apparently good reason...

I've always thought the audio file from TaoA:M needed a longer pause before the 'punchline' delivery.

Today I added it (and some noise) to keep the pause from sounding out of place.  (wav file attached below)

The whole idea of the timing of dialogue delivery is a fascinating one.

This bit of dialogue follows the basic pattern of such things as joke telling that is storytelling in simple form;  three acts... for four if you are counting the spaces inbetween the keys.

What is Keekat's secret?

What can't anyone seem to keep it?

Tune in next episode for more thrilling adventure!

Ive got a secret w pause.wav

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

in this next episode we highlight that elusively strange 'noise' dubbed the laugh track...

One thing the laugh track does successfully is let the audience know that it's okay to laugh.

Without knowing much more I'd say the laugh track is a carry over from the days of radio but there is quite a rich history even beyond that.

I do find it interesting that even without imagery the scene is set for humor as opposed to drama, intrigue or more serious considerations.

This implies that acting and pantomime plays into the scene and we might expect the unexpected to be on display as the audience is jolted out of their complacency.

I can think of a few setups where if something didn't clue the audience in that the scene was humorous the audience might react in considerably different ways... even shock or horror.

But today is the day Keekat gets to be funny... apparently.

laughtrackA.wav