Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

How to control Glow?

Tom

Another question which is unrelated to our discussion yesterday......but it has me stumped so I thought I would put it out there.

I'm trying to create a pose slider to turn on a street lamp. Sounds fairly simple...I want the slider to make the outer" lens" of the lamp become about 35% transparent and I want the inner bulb to start glowing...all just by sliding the pose slider.

The problem is the Glow feature seems to only have parameters that become visible WHEN you are rendering in the choreography.....so how do you set up a pose slider when the parameters you want to tweak only appear when rendering?

many thanks for any insights...

Tom

Glow-ON.prj

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

You could use an expression to link the Chor Glow properties to the slider of a model in the chor, but Chor Glow props apply to all objects so this would be a problem if you wanted to have several streetlights in your scene, not all turning on at the same time.

As a work around I'll note that Glow is an additive process. The object's color gets added on top of itself.

Black is 0.0.0 so a black object will show no Glow , no matter how high the Chor glow settings are.

White is 255,255,255 so a white object will max out the Glow very quickly.

If your object went from black to something brighter,  the glow would appear to grow and... this happens to be a transition you CAN easily key-frame in a pose slider.

• Hash Fellow
8 hours ago, Tom said:

Can you demonstrate how to use an expression to link a slider to the Chor Glow Properties? That is beyond my ability...

I maybe wrong about this. I recall reading something in the documentation about using an expression to link the Glow to the position of an object , so the Glow coudl get smaller as teh object moved away from the camera.

But I'm not able to start an expression for either of the Glow parameters.

Maybe I dreamed it?  :dontknow: