Hash, Inc. Forums

How to direct the path of sprites??

Tom

Hello Hashers-

I had an idea of leaves being emitted  as sprites and I wanted those leaves to swirl in a curlicue past the camera. I created a curlicue model as a guide for the sprites to follow and made it 80% transparent so I could see if it was working, and if it did work, I would make the guide 100% transparent for the final render.

I made the sprites react to collisions and thought I set everything properly. I even had an animated force fanning the sprites inside the tunnel. The force moved one leaf but the others stayed behind.

Unfortunately all the leaves glommed up at the beginning of the "wind tunnel guide" as you can see from the video.

I wonder if there is in fact a way to direct the path of moving sprites along specific areas?

Many thanks for any help!

Tom

WindTunnel.prj

Hiya Tom,

What this situation called for (as with so many situations) was MORE POWERRRR!!!!

The forces only push the particles so far so I added some more at key points. The bunching was caused by particles banging into each other and getting stuck so I turned particle collision off while leaving object collision on. Also cranked up the particle bounce a bit to help them keep momentum. I've attached the modified project file. Hope that helps with your experimenting.

Dan

WindyTunnel powwwerrrr.prj

• Like 1