Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Projects Using A:M

Hello

Have a question that I ask of any art software, and that is if there are any known projects that actively use A:M whose creators don't post about them here on the forums necessarily?

I'm often surprised to see what hidden gems there are out there that you wouldn't necessarily know are using a given software or suite of tools.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

We don't see it quite as often but in the past there were a lot of folks brought up using A:M that could be occasionally seen with A:M on their monitors in places as diverse as Disney, ILM, etc.  This due to the fact that while they tended to work in other applications required by the production they worked out many initial problems by using what they knew best; Animation:Master.  From time to time we still see posts from people working at these studios post... for example, to prototype some of the large animatronics used in the Disney parade (think Maleficent as a huge fire breathing dragon!).

Of course it can be hard to follow what folks are up to when they don't post.

I suppose that is part of the fun of searching for those hidden gems.

Aside:  There have been a number of Japanese games/videos that I'm convinced have used Animation:Master in some capacity but I'd be hard pressed to prove that.

Some have heard my story of going on vacation with my wife and family south of Tokyo and unknowingly taking her dad into an adult video store.

A bit embarrassed by my ignorance, I perused the books and videos at the front of the store where they had some general products of lesser adult concern.

I purchased a book and so apparently did my father in law.  It was only later in the car when he revealed what he had purchased that I went into shock.

The DVD my father in law had chosen off the shelves full of products was 'Haruwo', a film completely created by Shao Guee (aka Aoki Tact) with Animation:Master.

Even crazier still... a film I had helped subtitle with English translation subtitles (although most of the credit there goes to Mike Stamm).

Of all the videos he could have purchased he'd found the only one in the entire country of Japan that I had a personal connection to!

Needless to say, I still have that hidden gem on my shelf.  ;) 

Yeah, I've bumped into a few that I could identify. But I guess with a more familiar eye, you can spot places where it's used, but not advertised.

I'd heard about people at production companies using the in-house software for their work, then using A:M for personal projects. Just wish people shared more of this work online.

I'll look into that 'Haruwo'. Sounds interesting! 

• Hash Fellow

Rodney mentioned this.

Charles Babbage works in a special effects shop that makes large animatronics for movies and live shows.

He has been has been using A:M for many parts of the pipeline. Farther down the thread he gives a fuller description of the workflow on this particular project.