Hash, Inc. Forums

Property Info tab?

Hi 

I'm doing some customization on my interface, just dragging tabs into more comfortable spots, disabling unused ones, etc. I'm curious what the Property Info tab is for? Nothing displays in there while I'm working on anything. So, I'm not sure what its function is?

Thanks

• Hash Fellow

Property Info is A:M's internal documentation window.

You can RMB on most parameters in the PWS,  choose "Display help for current property" and the Property Info window will open to show a description of the parameter and possible values.

Some have verbose descriptions, some will have just example values listed.

I leave the window closed normally, it will open automatically when I use the feature.

image.png

• Admin

Note down at the bottom of the Property Info window there is an Edit button.

With that we can add documentation notes to personalize the Property Info.

Be aware that this Property Info data (even if edited) is contained in a file named AMAindex.txt in the root A:M installation directory.

That file will be overwritten with the default AMAindex.txt upon a new install so if personalized make sure you have a backup of the file before the next installation.

This can be useful even if just adding a note of personal preferences for a specific property, to ask a question that comes to mind at the time, etc.

We can even add links to useful locations... such as an example of the in question being demonstrated here in the forum or a youtube video.

The original goal of Property Info was to continuously plus up A:M's internal documentation but this requires a few things that don't tend to happen often:  1) The feature must actually be used 2) Individual AMAindex.txt files must be shared and the useful information collected/collated to plus up the default AMAindx.txt file that gets distributed with each new installation.