Hash, Inc. Forums

Magical Disappearing Constraints!!!!?????

svetlik

Spent hours setting up constraints finger joints, all was working well. Came back later, opened the project and boom. Most of the constraints had vanished. For some reason a few remained (see attached) but they were "broken" and had question mark on them.  This was made with new pose on/off when I started and everything seemed to be working.

I did notice as I was doing this that AM was creating an Action file and all was going into that but after closing the window and returning to the project all constraints but a few had turned to vapor. I also saved constantly while I was working on this.  Again I've stumbled into a Moron Mode somehow and cant get out. Any help appreciated.

ConstraintsGone.jpg

• Hash Fellow

One possibility is that you clicked on the temporary Action and had it selected when you made constraints. It shouldn't matter but maybe it does sometimes.

Do you have View>WorkBook enabled?

Do that and make sure you have no other windows open while you are editing your Pose.

When you want to open your pose to work on it, RMB on it in your model's User Properties and Choose Edit Relationship.

image.png

When you have to make settings for a constraint in the PWS make sure you are doing them in the Relationship and not in the temporary Action.

If you have to work in another window (like the modeler or Bones window), close and reopen the Relationship window before you start making new constraints.

Make a few constraints, close the Relationship window and save your work.

Save it as a PRJ with all models embedded (Project>Embed All).

Always save the PRJ with a new incremented number in the filename. Do not save over a previous file name. You want to have a trail of work so that if something goes wrong you can at least go back to the last version of your work before that something went wrong.

Close the PRJ, re-load it and see if the new work you did was properly saved.

I know this is not your question but... where you have the first joint of the fingers will not look right. The first joint is really deeper inside the hand, about an inch in from where the finger webbing ends, not where finger webbing ends.

image.png