Hash, Inc. Forums

No color in Sprite emitters

svetlik

v190j.1 Windows 7

Followed the manual to the word for setting up sprite emitters for fire, smoke etc. but can't get any color in the sprites in spite of setting up the rgb channels in Action as instructed. Can't find the "moron" mode switch. Been over the instructions a dozen times. (the one in the manual re fire, smoke and sparks)  What am I missing? (I'm sure its something embarrassingly obvious.  Any help appreciated greatly.

Thanks for the response. Here is a screen shot of the timeline in Action of the animated color & resulting render.  Not sure if I can make it to the Live talk but I'll try. Have also tried making this from scratch with new object (sphere) from scratch several times with same results, so it's gotta be something I'm doing wrong.

SpriteScreen1.jpg

Thanks for your help today robcat. Was able to get color to work but not until I deleted that Action file. I found that once something gets "broken" in AM it must be deleted and started over or it will never work. I tried going into the material directly from the material folder after today's Live Talk and still couldn't get any color until that damn Action file was deleted and then boom there were all the colors. I've run into this many times with lots of items and here was another example. This also tells me that you can't do this type of thing in Action as the manual instructed but please tell me if that's wrong. This may help other people.