Hash, Inc. Forums

Render Curiosity

Hello.

I have mainly moved over to trying to use drawn and stop frame processes  for  projects. However, wanted to use volumetrics for a particular shot and returned to the fold for that. Unfortunately I'm having a lot of bother getting a consistent result.

The shot was set up and tested using quick renders to check progress. All seemed well until I tried to render it out as a QT file.

This is a screenshot of what was supposed to happen

and this is the QT file. Clearly very different.

When rendered as a single frame jpg it refuses to save the file, as apng it does not parse the file into readable form, this is a tga converted in PS.

Here is an embedded copy of the prj

Can anyone kindly point me to the errors of my ways ?

thank  you

simon

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 15.32.33.png

CNE 013 SH 046.jpg

Chickens 002.prj

Robert

Thank you very much  once again.

It is as  needed, except for the absence of volumetric  lighting?

At risk of sounding a bit pretentious, its  the prelude to a 'Big Bang'  sequence. Not the TV show but a sort of spoof on the moment of creation.

The centre of the O is actually an egg. Its part of the Chicken and Egg project I've been working on.

Is it the jpg  format that is allowing it to work ?

regards

simon

• Hash Fellow

The white portion of your scene is the camera background color. If that is rendered to a format like PNG or TGA that includes a transparency channel, the background will be made transparent and probably appear as black depending on how it is used.

JPG doesn't include transparency. Or you can turn "Alpha" buffer OFF in your render settings when rendering to TGA.

The "Intensity" of the Spot light is only 50%. If i increase it to 200% the volumetric effect is more obvious.

Spot200.jpg

Guest Simon Edmondson

Thank you  Robert.

Much appreciated.

I've just tried to rend a jpg sequence and, every time, it pauses at the end of the first frame and flags up a message saying "Unable to save ..."

I shall try a TGA sequence with the intensity turned up as you suggest.

regards

simon

Robert

Thank you once again for your help.

I got it to work as I wanted by, as you suggested, turning off the alpha and making the camera background black.

Boosted the volumetric level to 1000% and rendered  with 16 passes.

Here is the result.

While it works  as a process. I think it needs some revision to make the  H and W   more legible  in the sequence?

I'm using V18g on the same Mac mini as previously, running OSX 10.85.

regards

simon

• Hash Fellow

You can have the camera background color be any color you want if that is what you want to show through the holes that make the letters.

It was the alpha channel effect that was making the background appear black..