Hash, Inc. Forums

Rendering to video or images?

MJL

• Admin

Myron,

To easily convert a image sequence into a video (or video to image sequence) via Animation:Master:

- In the Project Workspace (PWS) listing load your image sequence via Right Click on 'Images'
- Once loaded into Animation:Master Right Click on the item you wish to convert (also via PwS) and Choose 'Save as Animation'

- I believe the default format will be AVI but you can type in the format extension of any supported image format.

Note the Compression button next to the filename (if AVI is the format).  This will allow you to select the codec/compression (or no compression).

Regarding rendering to AVI...

You might check the setting in render dialogue that shows the codec/compression being used (similar to the button mentioned above but now in the Render dialogue).

That may be why you are having trouble.  Resetting that to another codec (or no compression) might resolve the issue.

Aside:  To convert to formats not supported by Animation:Master I recommend FFMPEG (or any utility that uses ffmpeg) as there is a very broad range of supported formats.

• Hash Fellow

If you have an animation with sound you need to render and keep the sound attached (for example, you need to edit it into some other video), render to an uncompressed AVI as Rodney notes above. This will be a large file.

If you have an animation with sound you need to render and keep the sound attached (and upload to something like Youtube), render to an uncompressed AVI as Rodney notes above and use your video editing app or an app like Handbrake to compress that to a YouTube friendly format like .mp4 with h.264 compression.

Note that compressing to MPEG-4 is not the same thing.

If you have an animation that doesn't need sound attached render to an image sequence  and use your video editing app or an app like Handbrake to compress that to a YouTube friendly format like .mp4 with h.264 compression.

If you have questions, keep asking!

thanks Guys!

My plan was to get the video animated and then create a soundtrack ( basically music and sound effects, no dialogue) in my recording studio and then marry them together. If there is a beter way to go about it, I'm all ears.

• Hash Fellow
1 hour ago, MJL said:

It's just background music and engine droning nothing that has to be synchronized.

OK. I presume you have something you edit video in. Check an see what it imports for video formats.

If it imports numbered image sequences that would be ideal.

I can edit  and combine video clips with transitiions. I have The AVS suite of programs) and can add sound later. I'll play with the knowledge that I now have and see what happens. I'll combine the images in A:M and edit the clips and sound in AVS.

Thanks again for your help, Robcat!