Hash, Inc. Forums

Action difficulty

LC Baby F.mdl TLC S3 Baby 003C.act

Trying to finish The Learning  Curve but, having a lot of problems.

Slowly sorting out most of them but, this one is proving  difficult to trace.

Because it started with an old model, a the finger poses  were done using skeletal mode. I know now, thats not the way to go but, not then.

The scene was animated as as an action and i seemed to go ok until I checked the right hand. The fourth finger ( the pinkie ) was completely skew wif with the  three bones at complete variance to each other.

Went back and corrected the model, and the settings in the pose controls but, when the corrected model  is used the variance is still there.

Even though, when used in a new action, there is no problem with the orientation of the bones.?

I have tried deleting the pose channel  for R4 in the action,  changing model, reimporting, all that I can think off.

No joy.

Might anyone be able to offera solution ?

Thank you

simon

Robert, Thank you for your reply.

Sorry. I'm a bit tired, its been a very frustrating day.

What I'd like to do is remove the disorientation of the R4 bones in the action file, so I can then go through and redo the poses  for that finger.

The rest needs adjusting but that is proving  difficult to trace.

If I actually adjust the positions of the bones at the start of the action, it then distorts in  different directions later in the sequence.

Have tried  several options I can think off but to no avail.

Hoping a good nights sleep will help.

regards

simon

• Hash Fellow

Hi Simon,

The essential problem is that your relationship for Right Finger 1 has keys in it for Right Finger 4.

Open it up as shown below and Delete everything that is not about Right Finger 1, then resave your model.

Let me know if that doesn't work!

RF1Deletes.PNG

With a big thank you to  Robert for his help in resolving the bones   problem, may I ask another question

Is there another way to smooth a mesh without using Porcelain material ?

This is a short clip, using the same files and models but with the absence of porcelain as part of the skin group in the first part.

On the second part, porcelain is  there, giving the smooth skin effect required but, as the render goes through, a visible flicker occurs on the right cheek by the nose.

As everything else is the same my guess is that it is caused  by the presence of the material ?

thank you.

simon

Robert.

Thank you. Thats what the first part is, the same model, action and render settings but no material.

I'm just trying  a test with an earlier iteration of the model, and no flickering on the face.

Unfortunately that model doesn't have all the smartskin and CP weighting that caused so much frustration yesterday,.

I feel a trip to the seaside coming on.

regards

simon