Hash, Inc. Forums

No Sound [solved!]

svetlik

Windows 7, AM v.19Oi. System sound working fine.

Import sound "cartoonhammer" from AM disc, dragged onto action, dragged onto chor but no sound plays. System sound is working. Right clicking on sound file and Play but no sound. What am I doing wrong???

• 2 weeks later...
  • *A:M User*

I encountered this a year or so ago.  Chris / mouseman, helped me get the settings corrected.  I will be talking with him tomorrow and I will see if he remembers what we did.

I will be back.

• 3 weeks later...

Have tried installing v18 - no sound yet sound plays fine everywhere else in the Windows world EXCEPT AM. Haven't got a clue what to do so any help would be appreciated, heck I'll do some professional art or design for anyone who solves this for me! (serious)

Just tried importing a wav file into AM v19.0i , the wav file imports right click brings up the play button and it will play sound in the right channel only, no left  channel. I'm sure it worked in both channels in v17 I'm on windows 7, something is not right the wav file has two channels? but will not play left and right Channels? this is strange. In windows media player it plays in stereo.

• Hash Fellow
7 hours ago, svetlik said:

Do the sound files play for you on your AM?

Yes. I found cartoonhammer and it did work.

have you tried this...

On 8/16/2019 at 2:48 PM, Shelton said:

Weird I had posted a response and do not see it sorry.  I had to go into the Window's sound mixer while AM was loaded and made sure the AM connection was enabled and the sound was turned up.  

I did not know double click brings up the windows sound mixer, learned some thing new thanks Robcat. The other thing you could try is to record a sound with AudioCity and import that and see if your own sound file will play, just an idea. My stereo sound problem was a faulty sound out cable, twisted the cable and stereo is working again :facepalm:

• Hash Fellow
17 minutes ago, blixien said:

I did not know double click brings up the windows sound mixer,

Whoops. What I mean is do one and then check the other.

Opening the Windows Sound Mixer will be a maneuver down in the lower right corner of the desktop.

BINGO! wasn't the drivers but had to reconfig the sound system to use the old stereo instead of the surround that WAS working but isn't now for some reason. So IT WORKS NOW!!! and thank you guys for all your help - very much appreciated!