Hash, Inc. Forums

crash when rendering multiple frames at Super35

I'm using A:M 18.0p SE3 on a Mac running OS 10.11.6 with an nVidia Geforce GT 750M.  When rendering a choreography at Super35 res I'm able to render one frame at a time successfully, but while attempting to render multiple frames A:M consistently crashes.  I've stopped many of the background processes on the computer to allocate as much processing power to A:M as I can, but the crashes still consistently occur (only when attempting to render multiple frames - the software successfully renders to first frame I've selected, then crashes).  My current workaround is to stay at the computer and render one frame at a time, which does not cause the software to crash.  Any idea what's going on? 

• Hash Fellow

When you are rendering multiple frames are you doing it to an image sequence or to a video file?

My standard suggestion is to always render to an image sequence and then compile the frames to video in some 3rd party video editing app.

Hi Robert - yes, rendering to image sequence (.tga).  As a follow up, I'm assuming now that the problem is in some part of the specific scenes I've been rendering. Perhaps lighting, or transparency over a model's eye's, or something I'm not catching.  These scenes take place within a house I've modeled, but the lights in the choreography are in their default states, which causes some camera angles to render with different shadows, darkness, etc.  Because I really don't have a deep grasp of lighting I just render with something that "feels" cool.  When I have rendered scenes without the house as the "environment" all rendering works without crashing.  I've finished rendering the scenes, so . . . I may upload the project soon so that I can hopefully learn from you or someone else on the forums what is going on in those specific projects.  Thanks man!