Hash, Inc. Forums

A:M on Mac OS 10.14 Mojave

I just updated to the latest Mac OS and wanted to let the Mac A:M users know what to expect. 

As expected, A:M is NOT really usable in Mojave.

Many things still seem to work, but the primary problem is that the Project Workspace is unclickable. It's responsive in that selecting something in a model window or choreography will highlight the specific element in the PWS, but no amount of clicking on it will allow you to select it or interact with it via the PWS. Fortunately, the menus and item specific pop-up menus are still functional. Most of the other windows do seem to function: Timeline, Properties, Poses, etc. Some of the tool panels are also unclickable. 

Ironically, I haven't once encountered the old Finder access problem that has plagued A:M Mac users for a decade or more. :-)

It's possible, with a different workflow that you could still use A:M. Some of the tools that can't be clicked should be able to be mapped to keyboard shortcuts.

I don't have the time to explore all of the elements to see what works and what doesn't, so there may very well be other obstacles I've not come across.

Mojave is supposed to be the last Mac OS that allows use of 32-bit applications, so beyond this, A:M will no longer be usable at all on the Mac.

From my experience, I would recommend not upgrading your Mac beyond OS 10.12 (Sierra) if you plan to use A:M. (My experiences with using it under 10.13 were frustrating.)

If, like me, you just want to open some of your old models and export them to other formats, this does seem to work.