Hash, Inc. Forums

Subscription update install problem

svetlik

Just purchased update subscription, installed it and it still tells me that AM expires in a few days. Just spent 80. bucks. Emailed from AM's support page-no response - Sent email from receipt email - also no response.  Nobody seems to be at home at AM - no phone number to call. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

When you installed it did you have to enter your new serial? Sorry if that sounds like a silly question but if you just re-installed the software over the top of your current install your current master.lic will still be in effect.

Usually, when I renew the subscription it has completely expired. Then I delete the master.lic in the animation master install folder. The next time I launch the software (because it can't find master.lic) it asks for a serial number. Then I enter my new serial and it generates a new master.lic in the A:M folder and the new subscription takes effect.

Hope that makes sense.

• Hash Fellow

You were already in a subscription period, right?

Wait for that to expire, then as Dan says, delete the master0.lic file. Other wise you are shorting yourself a few days of subscription, I think.

If the above doesn't work, ask here again.

13 hours ago, Wildsided said:

When you installed it did you have to enter your new serial? Sorry if that sounds like a silly question but if you just re-installed the software over the top of your current install your current master.lic will still be in effect.

Usually, when I renew the subscription it has completely expired. Then I delete the master.lic in the animation master install folder. The next time I launch the software (because it can't find master.lic) it asks for a serial number. Then I enter my new serial and it generates a new master.lic in the A:M folder and the new subscription takes effect.

Hope that makes sense.

Yes I just installed it over the current and it didn't ask for serial so I'll try that (waiting til it expires and try again and delete the master0.lic file) Thank you!

13 hours ago, Wildsided said:

Hope that makes sense.

Yes I just installed it over the current and it didn't ask for serial so I'll try that (waiting til it expires and try again and delete the master0.lic file) Thank you!