Hash, Inc. Forums

Texturing for Game Engines. Specifically Panda3d

tmTim

Hi, 

I am currently running on the trial version and I am making a game for Panda3d. So Far I love AM for it's modelling and animation capabilities but now i'm wondering how I can get that

data over to Panda3d. They use a egg format but i think I can do .x to .egg with their converter. If decals are how we apply textures how does that map to UVs?

I would really love to just decal my models and have it come over some how but maybe there is another way?

Sorry if this is covered already i just couldn't find it with search.

Thanks!

Aetheria

• Hash Fellow
1 hour ago, tmTim said:

Hi, 

I am currently running on the trial version and I am making a game for Panda3d. So Far I love AM for it's modelling and animation capabilities but now i'm wondering how I can get that

data over to Panda3d. They use a egg format but i think I can do .x to .egg with their converter. If decals are how we apply textures how does that map to UVs?

I would really love to just decal my models and have it come over some how but maybe there is another way?

Sorry if this is covered already i just couldn't find it with search.

Thanks!

Aetheria

I think you should be able to just decal your models and have it come over...

According to Fuchur's page on the .x exporters it includes decals in the export, so i would presume that if you are not getting decals there must be something going wrong between the .x and .egg stages?

In some cases you might want to copy the texture files over to where the *.x file is placed so they are just in the same folder.
In general that should do it. UVs are saved with the directx file by default if you use decals.

Best regards
*Fuchur*