Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Installers:

Change Log:

• Fixed All:
    0006942 Audio in Chor doesn't play
  • Fixed All:
    0006941 Crash on Decal scaling
  • New All:
    for chor new entry in the RMB menu -> "Bake and Remove Bullet Constraints" bake simulation data and remove than the Bullet Constraints from the models If the Shift key is hold while clicking this entry, a simulation run is first done for all Bullet Constraints
  • New All:
    for objects new entry in the RMB menu -> "Reset Main Bone", set the main model bone back to the default values (helpfull for simulation with bullet constraint, if the main bone not at default , unexpected behavior can occur)
  • Fixed All:
    0006934 Bullet "Bounce" parameter has no effect
  • Fixed All:
    0006938 Bullet simulates with strange results
  • Fixed All:
    0006820 Specular highlights not working on transparent surface.
  • Fixed All:
    0006931 Magnet Mode distance handles disappear
  • Fixed All:
    0006935 Rotoscope disappears if resized
  • Fixed All:
    0006933 32 bit version crashes
  • Fixed All:
    0006928 AI-Wizard crashes A:M
  • Fixed All:
    0006932 Explode/Rebuild doesn't work
  • Fixed All:
    0006937 Crash on adding Null
  • Fixed All:
    0006936 Crash on Save
  • Fixed All:
    0006895 Depth of field doesn't work
  • Fixed All:
    006894 Scale keys lost after save
  • Fixed All:
    0006914 NetRender: Corrupted surface on first frames
  • Fixed All:
    0006927 Final render darker than previous versions
  • Fixed All:
    0006926 Decal Image name lost after adding non-loca material.
  • Fixed All:
    006921 Crash on dragging Groups in PWS
  • Fixed All:
    0006919 Crash after selecting CPs
  • Fixed All:
    0006912 Netrender: Can't expand "Time" Column
  • Fixed All:
    0006913 NetRender: Disabled slave Prgress precent freezes
  • Fixed All:
    0006925 endless loop for complex undoing operations
  • Fixed All:
    0006920 Pose slider made by Push_CPs doesn't work
  • Fixed All:
    0006855 Soft shadows not soft
  • Fixed All:
    0006917 Reordering Groups after making keyframes in Chor causes crash
  • Fixed All:
    0006922 Substeps for frame render is always 0:0...
  • Fixed All:
    0006811 incorrect real-time and progressive renders on particle image sequences
  • New All
    It's now possible to show in which group a cp is in.For existing installations the button needs to be add manually. Add the button Tools->Customize->Commands->Manipulator -> "Show Groups, where the CP is included" to the toolbar, or "Reset Toolbars" For new installations it's default in the manipulator toolbar. Works only for single selected cp's.
  • OSX
    latest supported version is OSX 10.13.6, because my mac can't be updated to a newer OSX version

• Thanks 3
  • ____ 1
  • Haha 1

Hey Steffen, I see that I could get a late 2012 Mac Mini for about $400 US. It would be a little steep for me right now, but if we could get some of the Mac users to chip in, we could probably swing it.

Do you think you could use it to support the Mac through to 64bit and the new OS or is that still not possible with your porting software?

6 hours ago, largento said:

Hey Steffen, I see that I could get a late 2012 Mac Mini for about $400 US. It would be a little steep for me right now, but if we could get some of the Mac users to chip in, we could probably swing it.

Do you think you could use it to support the Mac through to 64bit and the new OS or is that still not possible with your porting software?

I don't use the Mac version but I am certainly willing to help pitch in for a newer Mac for Steffen.

Just tell us what you need.

• Hash Fellow
7 hours ago, largento said:

a late 2012 Mac Mini

What are the parameters we would look for in a Mac  that will be able to stay current for the reasonable future?

I guess these are the required elements...

macOS Mojave will run on the following Macintosh computers:[11]

macOS Mojave drops support for many older Mac models because it relies on Metal, which requires Intel HD and Iris Graphics 4000 series or newer, AMD GCN-based GPUs, or Nvidia Kepler-based GPUs or newer.

macOS Mojave requires at least 2 GB of RAM. It requires at least 12.5 GB of available disk space to upgrade from OS X El Capitan, macOS Sierra, or macOS High Sierra and at least 18.5 GB of available disk space to upgrade from OS X Yosemite and earlier releases.[12]

• Hash Fellow

Ouch...

In macOS High Sierra (10.13.4), a warning is issued the first time a 32-bit app is opened that 32-bit apps will not be supported in future updates. In macOS Mojave, this alert appears once every 30 days when launching the app, as the next version of macOS will not support them.

I recall this discussion from years ago where Steffen made a few comments about the future of the Mac version:

His remarks from that thread may be much closer to fruition today than they were when he originally made them.

If nothing much has changed regarding the technical challenges that he faced back then, keeping the Mac version updated may prove to be too tough even if we were to come together to get him a new Mac.

I suppose we should wait for Hash Inc.'s or Steffen's input before getting too serious about this.

1 hour ago, robcat2075 said:

How about if Steffen had a Mac to test running A:M on Windows on a Mac?  B)

Is Stefan needs a Mac hash Inc is more than willing to get him  one. I use a Mac VM for testing and also could not update at this time.

As for 64-bit Animation Master on Mac OSX. I do not think that is an option for Hash, Inc. with current staff, resources, add Mac user percentage. I'm sorry to say.

11 hours ago, robcat2075 said:

How about if Steffen had a Mac to test running A:M on Windows on a Mac?  B)

Windows on the Mac is probably a days are numbered thing as well. Apple is making its own chips and promising to integrate iOS apps with the Mac. Once they drop Intel, that’ll be all she wrote. 

If they handle it like they did the intel switch, I would assume all of them that want to remain current. I’m quite sure that a path for native Mac written apps to convert will be set into motion. Myself, I don’t use many apps that aren’t part of the Adobe CC. The access to the voluminous trove of iOS apps would likely have the effect of there being many more apps available than ever before.

• Developer

For clarification

A 64bit version for the mac would need a complete rewrite (splitting the codebase ,Metal instead of OpenGL) and I don't have the manpower nor the knowledge nor the willing for doing this .

And for the second , this is my personal decision .

I won't buy a new mac and support Apple. My mac mini is from mid 2012 , has 16 GB memory and SSD drives. So there is no need for new hardware in my eyes.  It is fast enough to compile A:M ...    

And if You have still installed 10.7 or 10.8 make a A:M bench with this version and OSX versions above 10.10 , You'll see a performance drop from around 5-10% (scene dependending) on the same hardware. Hint have a look in your logfiles and search for Spindump 😞 .