Hash, Inc. Forums

kobold face (wip)

Hi new user here. I bought A:M about 3 weeks ago and have been spending all my free time since then checking out all the tutorials I can find. So I figured it was about time I tried to make a model and eventualy get him to do some cool stuff B). I checked out the chat on wednesday night and Nixie suggested I post some of my WIP so here goes

post-7-1080881143.jpg

Yeah, and maybe do the eyebrows all big and dramatic like the picture... but I suppose you're already on that.

The cheekbones seem like they need to be a little higher or something. The angles they create on the face are almost the opposite of what they are in the rotoscope.

Nice job!

-Andrew

here is another update. i'm pretty happy with the way he's coming along. my only problem is once I add the hair my system slows way down. So gonna try a displacement map next and see who that looks .

post-7-1081135042.jpg

Hello! Looks great; are you going to animate him? with that amount of hair, id imagine it would take ages to render! looks very good though for such a short time!

When you say you will try a displacement map, what for? Id add a bump map for some wrinkles but displacement maps are generally for much more severe shaping situations, perhaps adding a decal with drawn hair as colour and bump maps could look good.

keep going bro!

Nixie

I gotta find a different solution for his hair, since once i add it my system slows down to a crawl. I saw a tutorial on making hair with a dispalcement map so i'm gonna give that a try, but i'm open for other suggestions. I will look into bump map for hair too.

My plan is to make him a body and get him rigged up with a skeleton. So hopefully soon you'll see an animation with him as the star :)