Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Kat Whitaker gone :(

Jamison

Hello I am very new to this my mom was Kat. I saw the messages left on her legacy page thank you for that. I have all her computers and work I would love to honor her work and some how finish it for her. Needless to say I have very little knowledge about how her very system work and have been nervous about losing any of her info. I am an ultrasonographer and work with 3-4D scans of the body but that's about as far as it goes my mom tried to show me some stuff and I know how she wants "just. Wooden sword" to end, until now I wasn't sure whom I could reach out to if any of you have some free time or wish to help me out please email me at. Jamie.brunell@aol.com again thank you all for you kind words she really was one of a kind.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you I will. I haven't even turned on her systems for fear of just updating the stories she would tell me but I will I might look I it some classes thank you for reaching out and I will be asking working on just making a ball bounce pre her last instructions lol

• Admin

Jamie,

It is so good to see you here and I'm thankful that you have made the effort to reach out and more importantly to continue the work of your mother. I think she'd be very pleased to know that her characters and stories are still moving forward. 'Just a Wooden Sword' may have life outside of the realm of 3D animation and that is evidenced by Kat's work with dolls... her books... recordings... there is a much larger world to which those characters and stories belong.

Short of hiring an agent and having them pursue some form of licensing I'm not sure what to suggest with regard to Kat's characters and stories.

If continuing to refine the work she was doing here in the forum is an avenue of interest to you it's an easy thing to assign Kat's special topic to you.

There are several who helped model characters for Kat's tale that currently don't frequent the forum. I'd like to think they might find their way back and help you pick up the torch.

I (personally) try to keep most of my efforts in the public arena and encourage others to do the same but understand that might not be the ideal way forward for you.

I wish you all the best in your endeavors.

Just know that, as I know your mother understood, you don't have to go it alone. :)

P.S. At some point I'll likely move these posts to another location. Perhaps as a topic in the 'Just a Wooden Sword' forum. If it seems to have disappeared look for it there!

• Hash Fellow

Hi Jamie! Welcome to the forum!

If you have Skype and want to call in to Live Answer Time to ask questions, definitely do that.

Or you can always start a thread here to pose a question. Some smartypants will have an answer!