Hash, Inc. Forums

A Third Extras DVD?

ChuckGram

• Admin

I believe the general consensus was that CD/DVD might need to give way to something more immediate, direct... online.

That's about as far as that exploration went. 

Is there enough interest?  Two confirmed thus far and counting...    ;) 

Thanks for your interest and in contributing!

• Admin

Ken,

Your skills in modeling are well established so that sounds like a winner to me.

We can do the initial groundwork and see where that takes us.

I'm very likely going to be away from my working copy of A:M for awhile in the very near future.. still deciding on whether to purchase a new laptop and additional A:M subscription while I'm away from my main computer.  This might be an ideal time to collect that raw data together in presentable form.  It also might allow time to ponder and review what things we can do just shy of using A::M itself such as creating a means to organize, share and promote assets.  All those things can be done on an older laptop.

Where it comes to To Do lists I'd say there two primary tracks:

1.  Content

2.  Distribution

Distribution could be handled through a variety of online sites. I sell my animations through E-Junkie. There is a very low monthly fee and no charge per download. You can either give away content or sell it. 

A to do list is an excellent idea. I'll work on some odds and ends. 

• Admin

I will make a few assumptions here based on another assumption that might not be as likely and see where that lands...

Initial assumption

As much content from the A:M Extras CD, the A:M Extras DVD and the current A:M Exchange collection would be included as possible in this product.

The largest files would be altered in order to allow maximize the amount of new content.

Videos and tutorials would be identified and earmarked for either a second DVD a different venue (such as youtube) or...

The Extras distribution might be offered via USB or solid state drive.

The drive might be a bit too expensive for... everyone... so, unless it comes with the purchase of A:M seems an unlikely approach.

It sure would make my day to have A:M arrive in the mail preloaded on an SSD with 1TB of awesome data.

Hey, if we are gonna dream we might as well dream big.  :)

I have been thinking of making a new Extras DVD for some time. Maybe making a drop location, an SVN to edit the current projects, and a few other things. The server move has really been more work than I EVER THOUGHT! and I have to order a small batch for Emerald City Comic Con. But after that I was thinking of working on a new one. But it will be a few months before I even start.

Here is my thought on how to work the new exdvd work flow.

• A folder drop for new data
  • Use SVN or something like that to fix/edit the current DVD
  • Give out some rewards for peoples work/donations/help maybe gift cards, add ons, a free copy
  • Try to sleep, and not get stressed haha

I am a bit rusty at splining but it all comes back. I don't want any compensation, AM community has been really good to me and it is a way I can try to return the favor.

There is still a good amount of content that has been contributed already, anything there feel free to toss in the dvd. I don't know if other contributors feel the same but might be worth reaching out. It is a healthy start.

For distribution, why not an iso on the company store?

• ____ 1

4 minutes ago, pixelplucker said:

I am a bit rusty at splining but it all comes back. I don't want any compensation, AM community has been really good to me and it is a way I can try to return the favor.

There is still a good amount of content that has been contributed already, anything there feel free to toss in the dvd. I don't know if other contributors feel the same but might be worth reaching out. It is a healthy start.

For distribution, why not an iso on the company store?

Right now, that is not working in the store. The store is a 100% new. I was able to import all of the old data. But the old store was so 'hacked' together to keep serial numbers working(we built the add on before it was available and could not move forward after some updates). But that is high on the list to get working..  It's just not right now

• Admin

Jason said:

• A folder drop for new data
    • Use SVN or something like that to fix/edit the current DVD
    • Give out some rewards for peoples work/donations/help maybe gift cards, add ons, a free copy
    • Try to sleep, and not get stressed haha

Nice.  I like it.