Hash, Inc. Forums

Explode Plug In?

Tom

Hello Hashers-

There used to be a plugin called "Explode/Rebuild" model but I can't seem to find it anywhere. Is there a current plug in or tutorial showing how something can be exploded?

I did see the "wing crash project" and I noticed that the wing was meticulously built from numerous parts. I was hoping for maybe an easier way to explode things...

Many thanks for any insights!

Tom

• Hash Fellow

Hi Tom,

I believe Explode/Rebuild was a "Newton" tool.  You can still use it in v18, which you can have installed in addition to v19.

v19 went to "Bullet" for dynamic simulations. I don't know if there is a Bullet equivalent.

• Hash Fellow

Actually I see that "Explode/Rebuild" is still in v19

In the model window>RMB>Plugins>Wizards>Explode Rebuildmodel

However... it doesn't work when I try it.  I don't think it should even be there if Newton is gone, but i will  put in a bug report on it.

Thanks Rob-

I am using 18 p and I am including a screen shot of the plugins available from the model window. I checked and the "E_Rebuild_64.hxt"  is in my HXT folder but I can't figure out why it doesn't show up when I right mouse click in the models window?It's probably something simple but I'm missing it..

Any suggestions?. Many thanks!

Tom

SceenShot.jpg

Rob-

I just realized that I had something selected, which is why the previous menu came up without the E_Rebuild " included. When nothing is selected it is now visible.

BTW- Do you know if there is a tutorial for using the plugin? I am a bit rusty with it.

Thanks for any tips!

Tom

Rob-

I having been playing around with the Explode plugin and I have tried (unsuccessfully so far) to create a model manually that will react in the same way as the "plugin created" models when exploded using Newton Physics. For the new models I was hoping to created some jagged shaped groups,  like broken glass.....as opposed to the fairly symmetrical straight "groups/pieces" created automatically by the plugin.

I created a new model and named each group and bone with the same naming characteristics created automatically by Stefans' plugin.......my new groups/bones are "explode_0001", "explode_0002" etc. but they do not react at all to the Newton simulations.

Two questions:

1) Do you know if it is possible to created manual models that will react explosively to the Newton Simulations?

2) Are Exploding pieces subject to animated "forces"? I am trying to blow a building up from the inside out and have the walls explode horizontally in all directions...

Many thanks for any insights!

Tom

• Hash Fellow

What if...

You used ExplodeRebuild to make something that explodes correctly, then copied the mesh from your intended model into the ERB model, attached it to the ERB bones and then deleted the RB mesh?