Hash, Inc. Forums

Using Pose to change material color???

svetlik

What version is the video from? I'm using v19e and the items in the pose dialog are different than mine(transform relationship, etc.) I thought it was because I wasn't actually moving the geometry but tried that too. I'm just not seeing or able to generate any keyframes for the ambient color. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

• Hash Fellow

I'm in 19g (I'm an alpha tester) which should not look any different than 19e.

However, I recall there was a bug in v19e regarding pose sliders. I would have to see what you are doing to see if that is what you are encountering.

Try version 18 as an experiment.  You can run it with your current license.  Copy the master0.lic file from your v19 folder to your v18 folder.

Ok I'll give that a shot and thanks for all your help. I'll post here if I have any progress later. I'm trying to achieve an effect from an old movie, "Forbidden Planet", where the robot's mouth would animate with sequencing neon tubes to simulate a moving mouth just FYI.  Thanks again